Cicale of Potzzuoli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rexy

Cicale of Potzzuoli

Post by rexy »

Hi Im trying to find some genealogy information on my mother-in-law who was born in Pozzuoli Campania in Italy. She was born on Sept 29 1919 her birth name, we have always believed, was Maria Cicale. She moved to the UK after the war in 1945 having married an Englishman. She sadly passed away in Sept 2008. She has surviving relatives in Italy and asking them questions about Marias parents, so I can fill in some basic information on my growing family tree, gave me a different maiden name. Cicale is the maiden name on my wifes and her sisters birth certificate(both born in UK) so I am now confused. I think Marias mother remarried at some time supposedly after the death of her first husband yet before the birth of Marias sisters?? :? All very confusing. Has anyone any ideas on how I can find details of Maria and her parents?
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Cicale of Potzzuoli

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Did she marry the Englishman in Italy or in England?

If in Italy, you should be able to obtain the marriage record from the comune where the marriage took place using just the groom's name.

If in England... well, give me a few minutes and I'll come back with a very useful link.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
rexy

Post by rexy »

Wow that was quick!! thanks so much for the info. She married in Italy but not sure if it was in her birth town or Naples itself
Thanks