Antonio Lapello ?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
joe.l

Antonio Lapello ?

Postby joe.l » 26 May 2010, 00:51

trying to get information on a Antonio Lapello , born 1876 , lived in West Farms NY in 1904 , don't know when he immagriated ?? would like to find out about any brothers , sisters , his father or mothers name , any and all info ...thanks Joe

maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Antonio Lapello ?

Postby maestra36 » 31 May 2010, 10:35

Hello and welcome to this forum, Joe.

A few questions to help us to help you. Do you know Antonio Lapello's town in Italy? did he always live in West Farms (the Bronx) NY or do you know that he lived somewhere else in the U.S. after 1904? Was he married here in the U.S. or in Italy? do you know his wife's name? Any additional information you can provide to us concerning your ancestor would be helpful to us in helping you.

Thanks.

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 31 May 2010, 10:43

I actually see a Tony Lapella on a 1910 census with a wife named Lucy, but they were living in Onondaga, NY (which is upstate central NY). He immigrated in 1891 and was about the same age as your ancestor. He was 35 and she was 23 in 1910, and they had been married for 8 years.

oilman19
Master
Master

Postby oilman19 » 31 May 2010, 12:24

Hi Joe,
I found some info on Antonio LaPella. Would you know if he died in 1913? This Antonio emigrated about the right time but I am unable to determine his age. Was he a soldier in the Italian army?
I have not sourced my info yet, because the article is not very flattering. If you think it may be the Antonio you seek, I will provide all source information to you.
You may PM me if you wish.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 31 May 2010, 12:46

Joe the chances for a spelling error is great for the Lapello surname and knowing the town of origin of his birth in Italy would put everything in order A to Z including all of his family information you are seeking in your initial inquiry. If not the town then perhaps the province. Perhaps he served in the Italian army before entering the USA which would be sometime around 1895. =Peter=
~Peter~

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 31 May 2010, 12:51

Hi,
here the newspaper article abt Antonio Lapella died in 1913...
http://www.fultonhistory.com/Newspaper% ... ehtml&.pdf

but in this other article the surname is Latella
http://www.fultonhistory.com/Newspapers ... ehtml&.pdf

you can give us more details?
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

oilman19
Master
Master

Postby oilman19 » 31 May 2010, 13:12

Thank you, Suanj

I didn't know if I should post that article. Especially since we don't even know if it is Joe's relative. I was trying to be discreet.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 31 May 2010, 13:40

Hi oilman19,
I read the articles and really also here http://www.fultonhistory.com/Newspaper% ... ehtml&.pdf
and the Antonio surname, that died in 1913 is Latella...

the topic author said Lapello, but I cannot find nothing abt a Antonio Lapello born abt in 1876... my hope is of to know the right surname spelling, because La Pella, La Pello, Lapella, Lapello seeming wrong, in Italy exist not... almost currently

however abt the Antonio died in 1913, the right surname is Latella; so cannot be he....
also by arrival in 1910 of the Antonio Latella foster brother( Alfonso), and coming from Cataforio ( Reggio Calabria province), born in San Salvatore, joining at Antonio Latella brother in law

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Alfonso Crucetti
Name: Alfonso Crucetti
Arrival Date: 2 Mar 1910
Birth Year: abt 1881
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: s salvata
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Ancona

and it is no Lapella... just for explain better...
so maybe Joe can give us more details especially abt surname spelling..
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

joe.l

Postby joe.l » 31 May 2010, 17:08

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=RS ... %2C1355414 this is the Antonio Lapello I was trying to find out about.................Joe

oilman19
Master
Master

Postby oilman19 » 31 May 2010, 17:57

Hi Joe,
There are a total of 4 articles regarding this murder in 1913. 2 of them spell Antonio's surname the same way as you and 2 do not. There is no way to determine the correct spelling.
Is there any possibility this is your Antonio? Is there anything else you can share about Antonio to enhance our search effort?

Jim
Jim

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 31 May 2010, 20:06

It could be the same Antonio died in 1913;
I found that the surname of Antonio Lapello article of 1904 and of Antonio Lapella articles of 1913 was spelled as LAPPELLA, LAPELLO, LAPELLA , coming from Sicily..
http://www.fultonhistory.com/Newspapers ... ehtml&.pdf
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 31 May 2010, 22:18

My husband has in his ancestry Lapila and La Pila from Sicily. In some parts of Italy, there is the double "l." In the U.S. the surname was sometimes spelled even as Lapillo or mispelled as Lapella.

I also wonder if the surname could have been La Bella, which I know is found in Sicily as well.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”