First World War Army Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Brivio

First World War Army Records

Postby Brivio » 26 May 2010, 07:59

My father came from Cernusco Lombardone to England before the 1st W.W. but returned to serve in the army on the Austrian front. How would I find his war record?

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: First World War Army Records

Postby johnnyonthespot » 26 May 2010, 11:40

Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Brivio

Postby Brivio » 26 May 2010, 13:21

Thanks for the info. I already have GoogleEarth. I have visited my fathers birthplace many times and I don't see how looking at Google Earth will find his army record. My relatives don't seem to know anything about his time in the Italian Army.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 26 May 2010, 14:40

Actually, the GoogleEarth thingie is a part of my signature block and just for general info.

Look more carefully and you will see the real message in my post which is that this thread http://italiangenealogy.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=15162/ describes how to request Italian military records. :)

Let us know if you are not certain which of the many state archives to contact, or the correct address.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Return to “Italian Genealogy”