Arrivals New Orleans 1905 and more..

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Arrivals New Orleans 1905 and more..

Postby suanj » 13 Apr 2004, 19:38

Hi:someone has possibility to approach ship's passenger to New Orleans from 1905 and more?
Please let me know, regards, suanj
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 11265
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 01:00
Location: Molise region, Italy

Postby Essgee » 14 Apr 2004, 00:00

Hi..

There is a list of Italians to Louisianna from 1905 to 1910....do you think this might help? If so, what is the name?
User avatar
Essgee
Master
Master
 
Posts: 777
Joined: 12 Mar 2004, 01:00

Postby suanj » 14 Apr 2004, 05:04

Essgee wrote:Hi..

There is a list of Italians to Louisianna from 1905 to 1910....do you think this might help? If so, what is the name?

Hi Essgee, thanks for reply, here are names:

-Francesco Paolo Bruno married, 45;shoemaker; Trapani > New Orleans, LA , read/write; $11; to Nicolo Bruno at Decator St. then to Ruston,? LA; was in USA before, but I can not make out the date.

-Antonio Bruno married; 44 laborer; Trapani >New Orleans, LA; read/write; $44; to nephew, Nicolo Bruno at Decatur St, New Orleans, Louisiana, never in USA before.

-Nicolo Bruno born in Trapani 15 February 1892, emigrated around 1904/1905 in Louisiana, USA, final destination Ruston, Lincoln Parish, transferred in 1912 to Monroe, Ouachita Parish. Died in Monroe, Louisiana, U.S.A. the 10 Sept. 1962. Burial inSt. Matthew’s Catholic Cemetery a Monroe. Married NELLIE G GUERRIERO. In the WWI Louisiana Draft Card.


Please help me, for info on arrivals data, thanks, regards, suanj
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 11265
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 01:00
Location: Molise region, Italy

Postby Essgee » 14 Apr 2004, 05:56

suanj wrote:
Essgee wrote:Hi..

There is a list of Italians to Louisianna from 1905 to 1910....do you think this might help? If so, what is the name?

Hi Essgee, thanks for reply, here are names:

-Francesco Paolo Bruno married, 45;shoemaker; Trapani > New Orleans, LA , read/write; $11; to Nicolo Bruno at Decator St. then to Ruston,? LA; was in USA before, but I can not make out the date.

-Antonio Bruno married; 44 laborer; Trapani >New Orleans, LA; read/write; $44; to nephew, Nicolo Bruno at Decatur St, New Orleans, Louisiana, never in USA before.

-Nicolo Bruno born in Trapani 15 February 1892, emigrated around 1904/1905 in Louisiana, USA, final destination Ruston, Lincoln Parish, transferred in 1912 to Monroe, Ouachita Parish. Died in Monroe, Louisiana, U.S.A. the 10 Sept. 1962. Burial inSt. Matthew’s Catholic Cemetery a Monroe. Married NELLIE G GUERRIERO. In the WWI Louisiana Draft Card.


Please help me, for info on arrivals data, thanks, regards, suanj


Antonino Bruno 21 Jan 1906 44/m/m Trapani N.O.,La. vincenzon-Florio

F. Paolo Bruno 21 Jan 1906 45/m/m Trapani Ruston, La. vincenzon-Florio

Antonino and F. Paolo were listed at Ellis Island on the ship Sicilia arriving on 23 Jan 1906...but names crossed through. Apparently the ship minifest listed them initially but they took another ship.

All the Nicolo's listed were too young....age of 9 or six arriving after 1905...putting birth about 1898 or so. But the census of 1910 listed him in Ruston at the age of 18 and arriving in the US in 1904....meaning he was not listed on this particular group of records that begin in 1905.

Rather then going to Monroe in 1912, it appears that Nicolo returned to Italy. There is another passenger record for him arriving at Ellis Island on May 9, 1921, on his was to New Orleans. The ship is the Patria and he left his mother, Caterina Virgilio in Italy. Stated he had been in the US from 1904-1912...he is still listed as single.

He is not in the 1920 census, but is listed in 1930 living with his wife Nellie and what must be her grandmother. His arrival date noted as unknown...so his wife must have been home and given the ennumerator the info and she did not know the original arrival date. However, by 1930 he was naturalized so you can track that info down...both his naturalization and the declaration of intent. Probably occurred in Monroe, but may have been initiated originally in New Orleans where he went upon return in 1921.

Sorry I could not find the actual 1904 arrival...but hope this other info answers some questions for you. Can't I help find something for you? If so, let me know.....

Have a great one! Essgee
User avatar
Essgee
Master
Master
 
Posts: 777
Joined: 12 Mar 2004, 01:00

Postby suanj » 14 Apr 2004, 06:55

Hi essgee, thanks for apport, really, antonio e francesco paolo names crossed through.. not possible know real ship of emigration.. :?
But also not possible know first travel of Nicolò..I found an Nicholas Bruno in Louisiana born in Italy 15 Feb 1892, died Sep 1862, SSN 433-50-7110, I task same person Nicolò Bruno (first name changed in Nicholas). This info are for my very friend Riccardo; your info are many important; on Sicilia ship i found records, but not of 1921, te he sure, really mother is Caterina Virgilio..thanks again, I hope you found others record..thanks, :wink: regards, suanj
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 11265
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 01:00
Location: Molise region, Italy

Postby Essgee » 14 Apr 2004, 14:28

suanj wrote:Hi essgee, thanks for apport, really, antonio e francesco paolo names crossed through.. not possible know real ship of emigration.. :?
But also not possible know first travel of Nicolò..I found an Nicholas Bruno in Louisiana born in Italy 15 Feb 1892, died Sep 1862, SSN 433-50-7110, I task same person Nicolò Bruno (first name changed in Nicholas). This info are for my very friend Riccardo; your info are many important; on Sicilia ship i found records, but not of 1921, te he sure, really mother is Caterina Virgilio..thanks again, I hope you found others record..thanks, :wink: regards, suanj


Hi......

To clarify...Francesco and Antonio were listed on the second ship manifest, due to land in NY AFTER the date they arrived in New Orleans. They were crossed through because they did not land on that second ship. They landed under the manifest of the Vincenzo Florio.

Sometimes passengers are detained for some reason and when the detention is lifted, their names are added to the manifest of the next ship in. A person detained for medical reasons could be held for months...then they would enter the country at that later date. To keep from trying to land at a later date under a ship that landed months before, they are reassigned to the passenger list of a boat arriving on the day they enter so that all the paperwork is current.

In this case, why they are listed twice I do not know. Just though I should mention that they were.

By the way, in 1910, Nicholas listed as living by himself. Could not find Antonio and Francesco in the census...assume they returned to Italy like many Italians did...only here to earn money.

If I can help further, let me know. Essgee
User avatar
Essgee
Master
Master
 
Posts: 777
Joined: 12 Mar 2004, 01:00

Postby suanj » 14 Apr 2004, 16:15

Hi Essgee, your explanation also is my thought... More I task perhaps this names are misspelled on ellis island on other ship's manifest, but I not found, I searched many times, and more not are listed on new orleans passenger's list..(?), why is probable ellis island port of arrival??I not know if Francesco Paolo and Antonio living together Nicolò, probable different houses..Francesco returned in Italy and burial in Trapani. I task Francesco Paolo living for 10/20 years in Louisian.. Not have news on Antonio.. If you know others info, your info are welcome for me and my Riccardo friend..Thanks.
I live in Molise, in town very near Casacalenda(ancient Kalena name town), I know someone persons of Casacalenda: Bucci surname and Fallucchi surname..the famous italian actor Flavio Bucci born in Casacalenda(famous film interpreted is "Ligabue" the story of famous italian naif painter, and other ...)currently is theatre's actor..regards, and thanks, suanj
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 11265
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 01:00
Location: Molise region, Italy

for essgee

Postby suanj » 15 Apr 2004, 21:38

Hi Essgee: my friend Riccardo in Italy send "thanks" for you and have this message:
"Nicolò Bruno, born on Feb. 15th, 1892 ? U.S. Army - WWI Louisiana Draft
Cards
Do you have access at FHL microfilm # 1684928 or NARA microfilm # M1509 LA45 ?? do you know how to get any information (newspaper article, advertisment, photo) about Bruno's Electric Shoe Shop located at 106 N. 2nd stree, Monroe, Ouachita parish, LA. between 1930's and 1950's. It was runned by Nicolo' (naturalized Nicholas) Bruno, brother of my grandfather Leonardo..
Thanks".
You can help again? Thanks, regards, suanj
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 11265
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 01:00
Location: Molise region, Italy

Re: for essgee

Postby Essgee » 15 Apr 2004, 23:00

suanj wrote:Hi Essgee: my friend Riccardo in Italy send "thanks" for you and have this message:
"Nicolò Bruno, born on Feb. 15th, 1892 ? U.S. Army - WWI Louisiana Draft
Cards
Do you have access at FHL microfilm # 1684928 or NARA microfilm # M1509 LA45 ?? do you know how to get any information (newspaper article, advertisment, photo) about Bruno's Electric Shoe Shop located at 106 N. 2nd stree, Monroe, Ouachita parish, LA. between 1930's and 1950's. It was runned by Nicolo' (naturalized Nicholas) Bruno, brother of my grandfather Leonardo..
Thanks".
You can help again? Thanks, regards, suanj


I am sorry, but I don't have access directly. I checked the on-line info and no Louisiana records have been posted. You can either order the film, or e-mail the NARA for the Louisiana records. Sometimes this can be done this way.

As far as the advertisements...there is a microfilm of city Directories on microfilm also at the LDS....#2308903. The city directories are like the telephone books of the times. Often advertizements were included...just a chance.

Found there is a Lora Peppers who works in the Ouachita Parish Public Library Genealogy dept. I know she does look ups for obits in the beginning of the 1900's and late 1800's. However, she might be able to refer you to someone who might look up the advertisements for you. Also, they might have a copy of the WWI registrations as well...worth a shot. Her e-mail is lpeppers@ouachita.lib.la.us

May wish to check with the moderator of the Ouachita Genweb site. Just place Monroe, LA genweb in a search engine like Google and you can link to the site. I know that you folks in Italy sometimes have trouble accessing the LDS Family History Library...but you can find the branch of the FHL that is in Monroe and write them. There is a good chance that the records you seek are in permanent loan at that branch. It would probably take as long to request the films as it would to write to them and get an answer directly. Also worth a try.

I am sorry I couldn't help here. But let me know if there is something else I can do.
User avatar
Essgee
Master
Master
 
Posts: 777
Joined: 12 Mar 2004, 01:00

Postby suanj » 15 Apr 2004, 23:33

Thanks essgee, is must help for Riccardo, I sended an email with your reply to Riccardo. thanks again :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: suanj
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 11265
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 01:00
Location: Molise region, Italy

from Riccardo

Postby suanj » 16 Apr 2004, 16:10

Hi essgee, Riccardo's reply : "many many many thanks :lol:"
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
 
Posts: 11265
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 01:00
Location: Molise region, Italy


11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 12 guests

Copyright © 2014. www.ItalianGenealogy.com.