Gaglia or Martelli Families

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
VatoreAnna

Gaglia or Martelli Families

Postby VatoreAnna » 08 Jun 2010, 20:26

My ancestors came from Cantalupo nel Sannio, Italy and moved to Anaconda, Montana, where I reside today. My great great great grandfathers name was Nicola Gaglia he has two children Victor Gaglia and Bernice Gaglia(my great great grandmother). Bernice met the love of her life Antonio Martelli who was also from Cantalupo and he moved to Anaconda, where they met. Antonio came to the States with his father Salvatore Martelli, Salvatore had a daughter named Elvira who stayed in Cantalupo. Antonio and Bernice had five children Dorothy(my great grandma), Carmella, Annie, Giuseppe, and Junie. They then had twenty grandchildren. The families now live throughout Montana, Idaho, Washington, and California. Only two of their children are still alive today Annie Shoemaker and Giuseppe Martelli. I know there is still family in Cantalupo descending from Elvira Martelli. If any one has any information about anyone I have mentioned please get back to me if would be very helpful!

misbris
Master
Master

Re: Gaglia or Martelli Families

Postby misbris » 09 Jun 2010, 00:06

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Here are the names of Gaglias who still reside in Cantalupo nel Sannio. You can use this site to look for Martellis also.

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... =Cantalupo Nel Sannio&of=22750&btt=1&om=0&td=2

And here is some info about the town

http://en.comuni-italiani.it/094/005/index.html

VatoreAnna

Re: Gaglia or Martelli Families

Postby VatoreAnna » 09 Jun 2010, 05:11

Thank you for the information! It was very helpful and appreciated!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”