Scannapieco and DiCristo Families, Torre del Greco, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Scannapieco and DiCristo Families, Torre del Greco, Italy

Postby colleenmccallister » 13 Jun 2010, 20:53

Would anyone be related to the Scannapieco or DiCristo families from Torre del Greco, Italy? They settled in Brooklyn, NY.
My GGF was Nicola Scannapieco, married to Nunziate DiCristo.
They had nine daughters that lived.
The two families intermarried and owned DiCristo Florist in Brooklyn, NY for quite some time.
Thanks
colleenmccallister

Re: Scannapieco and DiCristo Families, Torre del Greco, Ital

Postby DMarico » 13 Oct 2010, 23:14

I'm not positive my info is what youre looking for but it was just way to weird.. My ggm came over to ny from torre del grecco and her last name was dicristo.. She came after her brother sent for her.. We had a family owned florist shop called A. Dicristo florist in brooklyn ny.. My grandma its on of 13 children but only 11 survived.. She is the youngest and has 8 sisters and 2 brothers.. I just found these similarities to be way to weird..
DMarico

Postby colleenmccallister » 13 Oct 2010, 23:19

My goodness!!!!!!!
Nunziata had several brothers and at least one sister, Elisabetta. They lived on or near President Street where the florist was.
Where do you live?
Kindly email me: colleenssite@yahoo.com
this sounds verrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy interesting!!!!
smiles
colleenmccallister

Postby colleenmccallister » 30 Oct 2010, 21:33

please get back to me
to get sooooooooooooooo close to someone in common and not connect would be so disappointing
smiles
colleenmccallister

Postby colleenmccallister » 03 Jan 2011, 18:20

I would like to try one more time to ask you to contact me; I have this week off and am sorting out the info I have on my family.
Please email me at colleenssite@yahoo.com with info on your DiCristos. I am so curious to put this together.
Have a blessed new year.
Colleen
colleenmccallister

Postby malbelmo » 02 Jan 2012, 20:24

Hi Coleen,

My name is Gregory Belmonte (42, Merrick, NY). I am the grandson of Catherine Buttafuoco-Belmonte. My father's uncle was Barney Buttafouco. He was my grandmothers brother, He married Aida Dicristo and named the Florist Store after her maiden name. I do have a wedding picture them both because i am making a family tree online and Im in the midst of working on it. Let me know if you have any info about this.
Greg
malbelmo

Postby colleenmccallister » 02 Jan 2012, 22:55

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dear Gregory,
Recently a woman from Torre del Greco contacted me; she helps the local church preserve its records and does research; she found my family and has been sending me the most wonderful information.
Nearly everything she has sent me has confirmed what I had found, and has also filled in so many holes.
Please share the photo...I know that at some point, photos of my family will surface. My Aunt Mary is 89 and wants to see her mother's face.
I have trees on ancestry.com; the one that is named DiCristo/Scannapieco is being dismantled, but you can find Aida in there.
I am constructing Scannapieco - DiCristo tree with the information from my new Italian friend.
Feel free to look at the information.
My email is colleenssite@yahoo.com
I am rarely in here.
I live on Long Island, too!!!

We have family all over the place!!!

Blessings
colleenmccallister

Postby colleenmccallister » 17 Apr 2012, 12:10

DMarico wrote:I'm not positive my info is what youre looking for but it was just way to weird.. My ggm came over to ny from torre del grecco and her last name was dicristo.. She came after her brother sent for her.. We had a family owned florist shop called A. Dicristo florist in brooklyn ny.. My grandma its on of 13 children but only 11 survived.. She is the youngest and has 8 sisters and 2 brothers.. I just found these similarities to be way to weird..

I have just visited this site for the first time in a while; had forgotten that we never contacted each other.

I have met the granddaughter of the florist shoppe owner in the mean time; today another grand child contacted me. The florist shopped was in Brooklyn, owned by Aida and Benny (Baldasarre) Buttafuoco. Aida is the Di Cristo. Apparently there are a lot of us around...

Please be kind and contact me at colleenssite@yahoo.com.

My Aunt Mary, Aida's cousin, has told me a few things about the family that are rather unsavory; I have vague recollections of one or two of the stories she told me. Benny seems to have been quite a character, to be kind. The cousin I just met loved him dearly; she told me of a different side of Benny.

So, let's get together. This side of the family was a mystery to me till two years ago. My mother's mother was ostracized for not marrying Italian. I never knew I had such a large family.

Blesings!
Colleen
colleenmccallister

Postby djgrrr17 » 06 Oct 2013, 04:33

Hi,

I'm Kimberly Miller, granddaughter of Aida DiCristo Buttafuoco. I tried to respond earlier but I can't find my post so I'm sending a quick reply to let you know that I am trying to answer you.

Kim
djgrrr17

9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy