Birth Extract Question

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DanielFLA

Birth Extract Question

Post by DanielFLA »

I recieved a birth extract for a relative and it had her name listed as CIPOLLETTI, MADDALENA (Nome), however, beneth the name was a statement that reads "Altri nomi successivi al primo: PIERINA, MARIA".

The best I can translate this means that there was a previous name.

Does anyone know why there would be a previous name listed on a Birth Extract???

Thanks
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Birth Extract Question

Post by suanj »

DanielFLA wrote:I recieved a birth extract for a relative and it had her name listed as CIPOLLETTI, MADDALENA (Nome), however, beneth the name was a statement that reads "Altri nomi successivi al primo: PIERINA, MARIA".

The best I can translate this means that there was a previous name.

Does anyone know why there would be a previous name listed on a Birth Extract???

Thanks
Hi: the exact name of ancestor is: Cipolletti(surname) Maddalena, Pierina, Maria.
The first name obligatory for signature is Maddalena, this first name is effective first name! More: in Italy is frequent to give more names to sons and daughters, but if: first names they are written separates from sign ",", it is valid for signature, solo the 1° first name : Maddalena, and the other successes have only affective value; if not are separates from sign ",", all first names are valid and obligatory to write in signature and in all documents. Exemple:
Cipolletti Maddalena(effective), Pierina, Maria;
if Cipolletti Maddalena Pierina Maria(not separates from sign ",", 3 first name are =total first name).
regards, suanj
DanielFLA

Post by DanielFLA »

Thank you!! I certainly appreciate the information.

Daniel