Find my greatgrandfather in Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
msringius

Postby msringius » 19 Jun 2010, 00:27

I am looking for my great grandfather that went from the area of Chiavari, Luguria, Italy to Argentina in December of 1865 in a ship by the name of "Rio de la Plata" It most have left from Genova. His name is
Esteban Tiscornia born in 1843. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I also would like to know if writing to a church there will help and if so , what church? :?:

Totonno
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Find my greatgrandfather in Italy

Postby Totonno » 19 Jun 2010, 08:28

I checked the churches of chiavari are too many! If I were you I 'll write to the bishop. The link shows his address
http://www.webdiocesi.chiesacattolica.i ... agina=1358
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 19 Jun 2010, 11:00

msringius wrote:I am looking for my great grandfather that went from the area of Chiavari, Luguria, Italy to Argentina in December of 1865 in a ship by the name of "Rio de la Plata" It most have left from Genova. His name is
Esteban Tiscornia born in 1843. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I also would like to know if writing to a church there will help and if so , what church? :?:

This site ( http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsea ... html#start ) finds several records in Argentina when you search for First Name = Esteban, Last Name = Tiscornia ( http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsea ... me=estoban )

Although there are no immigration records, some of the others may be helpful in your research. Click on each name in the results list to see additional detail.

Carmine
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 19 Jun 2010, 11:20

Also, this site ( http://213.212.128.167/radici/ie/defaultie.htm ) may be of use to you. I created a free account and then searched for the surname Tiscornia and came up with 38 hits, none of which were Esteban. Ibelieve however that Esteban is the spanish equivalent of Stefano? If so:

Surname TISCORNIA
Name STEFANO
Age 37
Sex M
Occupation POSSIDENTE (property/land owner)
Religion Cattolico
Port of embarkment GENOVA
Name of the ship SIRIO
Date of arrival 04-12-1900
Literacy Sa (means "able to read and write")
Travel compartment Prima

The complete list of Tiscornia's:

TISCORNIA AGNESE
TISCORNIA AGOSTINO
TISCORNIA AMELIA
TISCORNIA AMERICO
TISCORNIA ANGELO
TISCORNIA ANGELO
TISCORNIA ANTONIO
TISCORNIA ANTONIO
TISCORNIA CAMILLO
TISCORNIA CATERINA
TISCORNIA EMILIA
TISCORNIA EMMANUELE
TISCORNIA FEDERICO
TISCORNIA FILOMENA
TISCORNIA FRANCO
TISCORNIA G. D.
TISCORNIA G.BATTA
TISCORNIA GEROBAMO
TISCORNIA GERONIMA
TISCORNIA GIO.B.
TISCORNIA GIO.BATTA
TISCORNIA GIO.BATTA
TISCORNIA GIOVANNI
TISCORNIA GIOVANNI
TISCORNIA GIOVANNI
TISCORNIA IDA
TISCORNIA LAURA
TISCORNIA LAZZARO
TISCORNIA LUIGI
TISCORNIA MARIA
TISCORNIA MARIA
TISCORNIA MARINA
TISCORNIA NICOLA
TISCORNIA NICOLO
TISCORNIA OTTAVIA
TISCORNIA PIETRO
TISCORNIA STEFANO
TISCORNIA VIRGINIA
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

msringius

Postby msringius » 16 Aug 2010, 22:28

Thank you so much to all of youthat gave me ideas and places. There are a lot of Tiscornias in the town of Ne, in the Liguria region of Italy. There is also a street name Tiscornia. Ne is a fraccione, that means it is a very small town. I will keep on searching. Thanks again!!!!

msringius

Postby msringius » 16 Aug 2010, 22:28

Thank you so much to all of youthat gave me ideas and places. There are a lot of Tiscornias in the town of Ne, in the Liguria region of Italy. There is also a street name Tiscornia. Ne is a fraccione, that means it is a very small town. I will keep on searching. Thanks again!!!!

Richard Bland

Postby Richard Bland » 19 Mar 2015, 19:01

Hi,

I am connected to a family called Montedonico that I know married into the Tiscornia family. John Montedonico is living at 84 Avon Street, Bath on the 1861 census. However he appears on the 1869 Argentinian Census and it stated that he originated from Chiavari in Genoa. Considering your Esteban came from Chiavari and also emigrated to Argentina in the 1860s it seems a remarkable co-incidence to me. There must be some connection.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”