calascione familyfrom ururi campobasso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
debbie365
Rookie
Rookie

calascione familyfrom ururi campobasso

Postby debbie365 » 03 Jul 2010, 19:27

i am in search of relatives. i have alot of information but i am unsure where to get birth records or marriage records for my great grand parents. i know my great grand father was born in ururi i am unsure of great grand mother maria antonia calascione.could you direct me in the right direction. i would be greatly appreciated thank you debbie peterson the year born 1874

maestra36
Master
Master

Re: calascione familyfrom ururi campobasso

Postby maestra36 » 03 Jul 2010, 19:36

Hello and welcome to this forum-
There are microfilmed records available for your town for rental through a local family history center at a Latter Day Saints Church.

Registri dello stato civile di Ururi (Campobasso), 1809-1900
Ururi (Campobasso). Ufficio dello stato civile

to view the list of microfilms available, go to www.familysearch.org

Go to option across the top which says search records and then select library catalog. Type in the name of your town in the top box and Italy in the bottom box

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 03 Jul 2010, 19:39

http://www.comune.ururi.cb.it/hh/index. ... cc=1&jvs=1

The above is the link for the official website for your town. The following is an email address for the town's anagrafe or registry office which houses the types of records for which you are searching.

anagrafe@comune.ururi.cb.it (no spaces in the email address)

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 03 Jul 2010, 19:44

Comune di Ururi
50, PIAZZA MUNICIPIO
86049 Ururi (CB)
Italia

tel: 0874 830130

Any correspondence with the town should be written in Italian. You should also enclose a self-addressed (but not stamped) envelope when requesting records. Give that office as much specific info as you know, as there could be more than one person in the town with your ancestors' names.

To help you with letters in Italian, you can refer to the following websites:

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 03 Jul 2010, 19:46

Another thing -you say you have a lot of information about your ancestors-do you have passenger lists, census records, etc for them? Before writing to Italy, it is always learn as much as you can about your ancestors. If you do not have these kinds of records, you should post the exact name of your great grandfather. I see you posted your great grandmother's name, but I don't know if her last name is her maiden or married name.

debbie365
Rookie
Rookie

Postby debbie365 » 03 Jul 2010, 19:54

thank you so much i will try this. :D her maiden name is calascione born 1866. my great grand father was pasquale basilone born ururi 1874.i have alot of records from ellis island and canada. where she died. but each time she came she put a different place of birth. i know she didnt read or write. i am in search of her parents names. i have found relatives in brazil and sicily. just cant connect until i am sure where she was born. i know she went to brazil in 1903 because my grand father was born there. also when my grand father ,s wife passed awaay in 1929 he went to brazil.i have found relatives on facebook just cant connect them yet. i thank you so much for taking the time to help me. it is greatly appreciated. sincerely deb peterson

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 03 Jul 2010, 20:10

You're very welcome, Deb. I hope you find the info for which you are searching.

elaine56

Postby elaine56 » 01 Aug 2010, 06:37

Hi Debbie i descend from the calascione in sicily.
Most of the Calascione on facebook are my close relatives.
My great grandparents were Giuseppe and Lucia Calascione from Milazzo sicily
Salvatore, Francesco and Nicola all migrated to America at the turn of the last century, my great aunt santina did also, her married name was Grillo.
There were more girls, Francesca, Tindara , Concetta and Isabella, they stayed in Itay.
i know we have relatives in Naples and Genoa.
Hope this has been some help

Return to “Italian Genealogy”