Looking for Relatives

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mandic105

Looking for Relatives

Postby mandic105 » 04 Jul 2010, 20:52

I am at a road block with tracing my Italian heritage back farther than my great grandfather. Here is the info that I have, and believe to be true.

My greatgrand father was Salvatore Coppola born November 2,1893 (San Vito, Italy?). Parents were Pedro Coppola and Vincenza Aiouto. Siblings were Frank, John Baptista, Antonina, Catherina, Leona, Joseph, and Vito. Salvatore came over to the US on August 11, 1910, he was 17.

Salvatore married Antonina Tamarindo. Antonina was born on January 27, 1896 in Tapani, Italy. Her parents were Francesco Tamarindo and Vincenza Battiata. Her siblings were Salvatore, Angela, Joseph, and Maria.

I cannot seem to find any info for when my greatgrand mother came over to the US. Any info would be much appreciated.

I also have to find the Miceli's from northern Rome area too. Little to no information on them.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Relatives

Postby PeterTimber » 04 Jul 2010, 21:05

I assume you wish to do your own genealogy research and require guidance in this regard. Go first to:

www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/fr ... earch.html and after famikliarizing yourself with the research you require you might wish to go to the town(s) of origin and request, documents which are mostly free of charge in Italian language with form letters found at
www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html

Don't hesitate to get back to us with any questions. =Peter=
~Peter~

vj
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Relatives

Postby vj » 04 Jul 2010, 21:07

Welcome to the Forum!
We'll all be happy to see what we can do to help.
Valarie

Peter :D
Happy 4th of July
---

mandic105 wrote:...Salvatore married Antonina Tamarindo. Antonina was born on January 27, 1896 in Tapani, Italy. Her parents were Francesco Tamarindo and Vincenza Battiata. Her siblings were Salvatore, Angela, Joseph, and Maria.

I cannot seem to find any info for when my greatgrand mother came over to the US...

possible 1916 manifest, 19 Dec 1916
Antonina Tamarind 20
born in Monte San Giuliano (now called Erice) Trapani Province, Sicily

page 1
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0019
page 2
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0019

Return to “Italian Genealogy”