Valente, Rocca D'Evandro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Tony_V

Valente, Rocca D'Evandro

Postby Tony_V » 07 Jul 2010, 10:08

Hello All

Since turning 40 recently I have found myself wanting to find out more about my family and history.

The problem is that my father is the youngest of 7 children but has lived in the UK since 1967. He has lost all links to his home so I am pretty much starting from scratch.

All I know at the moment is that my father, Salvatore, his brother Giulio, and their sisters Flora and Angela moved to the UK in 1967. Their father was Antonio who lived in Rocca D'Evandro until his death in 1992.

As you can see, any information would be a start!

My wife and I are planning a trip to Rome, Naples, and Cassino later this year, partly to do the tourist bit and partly to try and trace where I come from.

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Valente, Rocca D'Evandro

Postby Italysearcher » 07 Jul 2010, 13:01

Your first stop should be the ANAGRAFE Office in Rocca D'Evandro for your Grandfather's death certificate. Be sure to have some UK evidence of your relationship as this is falling in the area of the privacy laws.
There are some photos of Rocca D'Evandro on my website. Enjoy your trip.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 07 Jul 2010, 13:04

Tony_V here is a website for form letters in Italian to send to the Civil records office whichis free of charge by the way.

www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html

Mail to the address under MUNICIPIO which you will find in the town website at www.tuttitalia.it/campania/23-rocca-d-evandro. There is a www for the tourist portion of the town. =Peter=
~Peter~

Tony_V

Postby Tony_V » 07 Jul 2010, 13:06

Thank you Ann, this has given me somewhere to start.

Tony_V

Postby Tony_V » 07 Jul 2010, 13:07

Much appreciated Peter, having been totally Anglicised my Italian is pretty crummy!

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 07 Jul 2010, 13:15

Alas we too here in the USA suffered under celtic perversity and had to learn Italian in school here and in Italy but perhaps it was worthwhile since we can now speak,read and write Italian correctly.

"turning 40" makes me laugh OH would I give you my millions, my right arm, virility.........." . Sadly every year past 40 is worse than the year before with more girth and less mirth. =Peter=
~Peter~

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby Italysearcher » 07 Jul 2010, 19:57

I was there a couple of years ago with a client who was looking for a relative he had met 40 years ago. Once he proved his relationship (with photos) the lady at the anagrafe, allowed us to photograph the records and even told us where he lived. If you go up to the church at the top of the town the lady at the bar in the square has a key to the church and will likely open the church for you if it is closed. Be sure to buy at least a coffee.
Brush up your Italian or have your request written out in Italian ready to present.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

Return to “Italian Genealogy”