Professions in 1860, Southern Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Professions in 1860, Southern Italy

Postby jamiecapaldi » 14 Jul 2010, 06:37

I have been looking at the LDS Birth records of San Germano (cassino), between 1857-1864. I have come across a few Professions, but did not find the Profession i thought i would see the most of!
I have been searching for Capaldi's and on a lot of UK Certificates it has shown alot of the Family as Musicians, but i could not find one.

I found these Professions:

This is how i seen it:
Bricciali
Contadino
Mitritorne

I think they should be:
Bracciante - Labourer
Contadino - Farmer
Militarne - Military

Can someone please put me right?
Thanks!
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk

nazca
Elite
Elite

Re: Professions in 1860, Southern Italy

Postby nazca » 14 Jul 2010, 06:45

Hi,
i think you are right. I don't know the word "bricciali" and i think it was "bracciante = farm hand".

good luck.
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).

boozy.bird
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Professions in 1860, Southern Italy

Postby boozy.bird » 14 Jul 2010, 08:25

Hi
I think you may find that a lot of the italians became street musicians,organ grinders & ice cream vendors when they got to England. Some where brought over on the Pardrone system to do these jobs see section about padrone & ice cream sellers on
http://www.west-bar-italians.co.uk it might help.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”