Looking for connections to Gambina and Brigantino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Looking for connections to Gambina and Brigantino

Postby ErinPie » 14 Jul 2010, 17:39

I have been sporadically researching my family history for about 10 years. My Mothers paternal Grandparents immigrated from Trapani and Agrigento, Sicily between 1900 and 1910. Her paternal Grandmothers family is Gambina (from Trapani) and her paternal Grandfathers family is Brigantino (from Agrigento).

I have very little personal information to go on. My older family members spent most of mothers life, all of my life, being very secretive. I do know that my Grandfathers Mother (Anna Gambina) died shortly after childbirth of their second child, when my Grandfather was 8. I know my Grandfathers Father (Frank Brigantino) died a couple of years later, supposedly by mysterious means.

I have had recent success finding Ship passenger lists and US Naturalization records for the Brigantino part of the family. I think I may have finally started to put together pieces of Anna Gambina's family history and story together, but I would love to have someone to collaborate with. If you think any of these people sound familiar I would love to connect.

Thank You
Erin Pietrasik

Return to “Italian Genealogy”