help please?? Edith Otoria - Genoa

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tkg1970

help please?? Edith Otoria - Genoa

Postby tkg1970 » 14 Jul 2010, 19:34

Hi, I have Edith Otorio (Otoria) born 1883c Genoa who's father was Nicholas (farmer), she married Nicholas Rossi in Manchester, England on 25th October 1905 . I can't find any records other than marriage certificate. Although she married in England she married into the Rossi family who had connections with the Passagno's...all were from Genoa and all travelled over to Manchester...any help at all please, I've hit a complete brick wall :)

Thanks, Tracy

Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Re: help please?? Edith Otoria - Genoa

Postby Seraphina » 15 Jul 2010, 15:06

Hi Tracy,

There is a birth in December quarter 1911 - Nicholas Rossi - born to Nicholas Rossi and Edith Otorio in Manchester - so they were still living there in that year. But they don't seem to be on the 1911 census (which was usually taken in June)

Hope this helps.

Serafina

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 15 Jul 2010, 16:26

Brick wall about what pray tell? =Peter=
~Peter~

Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Seraphina » 16 Jul 2010, 10:37

Hi Tracy,

There is a further birth in Manchester:-

Mary Rossi (mother's name Otoria), born March quarter 1920. So they were still in Manchester then.

To find further information, you will have to search the UK BMDs, Census records etc online. If you get the details of the 2 births I have mentioned and send off for the birth certs, who knows what other info you will find from them.

Seraphina

Return to “Italian Genealogy”