family heritage

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jenna2009

family heritage

Postby jenna2009 » 14 Jul 2010, 21:54

I am looking for my fathers side of the family. His name was Concezzio Di Marco and I believe he was from Abbateggio. I was told he had 13 brothers and sisters. If anyone knows his parents names I would appreciate the info. Jenna

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: family heritage

Postby johnnyonthespot » 14 Jul 2010, 22:57

Could this be him?

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Concezio Di Marco
Name: Concezio Di Marco
Arrival Date: 9 Dec 1913
Birth Year: abt 1884
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: aguila
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Napoli
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Taormina

Left behind wife named Munziata (?). Coming to visit brother-in-law Dante Palombelli.

Unfortuantely, "Aquila" covers a lot of territory. It will be necessary to find his exact place of birth in order to learn more about his parents.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 14 Jul 2010, 23:04

What name did he use in the US in place of Concezio? Can you confirm his wife's name and the names of some/all of their children?

The more records we can locate, the greater the likelyhood of determining his exact place of birth. With that info, it is a simple matter to write to Italy and request his birth and marriage records (generally free or extremely low cost). These records will show his parent's names and place of birth.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 14 Jul 2010, 23:25

The website for Abbattegio is www.tuttitalia/pescara/71-abbateggio

scroll down to MUNICIPIO for the address of the UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE for Concezio's birth record (ESTRATTO DI NASCITA=long form) which includes parents names.

www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/it ... tters.html

for form letters in Italian to request document(s) free of charge. =Peter=
~Peter~

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 14 Jul 2010, 23:34

Peter/Jenna - if that is the correct Conezio whose manifest I put up above, then both he and brother-in-law Dante (found his manifest as well) listed "Aquila" as their place of birth/last residence.

L'Aquila and Abbattegio are about 50 miles apart. It is difficult to be certain where they really hail from.
Carmine

misbris
Master
Master

Postby misbris » 15 Jul 2010, 01:10

Jenna,

Where did he settle in the US. Do you know wife's (probably Nunziata) maiden name and/or names of their children?

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 15 Jul 2010, 01:18

Jenna believes he was from Abbateggio so perhaps this might be the way to go since Aquila may have been the last place of residence but Jenna is looking for his parents names which most likely is in Abbateggio where he was born. =Peter=
~Peter~

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 15 Jul 2010, 10:41

PeterTimber wrote:Jenna believes he was from Abbateggio so perhaps this might be the way to go since Aquila may have been the last place of residence but Jenna is looking for his parents names which most likely is in Abbateggio where he was born. =Peter=

The Conezio manifest I referenced above has "Aquila" in both the Last Residence and the Place of Birth columns. In 1906 (seven years prior to Conezio's sailing), Dante gave his Last Residence as Aquila.

Perhaps Jenna should tell us what reference she has to Abbateggio .
Carmine

jenna2009

Postby jenna2009 » 15 Jul 2010, 12:42

he was not married when he left Italy. He married my mother Marie in Haskell, NJ. Her maiden name was cancelino. I know he was born in 1907. He died when I was only 7. So I don't know a lot about his side of the family.

jenna2009

Postby jenna2009 » 15 Jul 2010, 13:05

He didn't use any name except concezio that I know of. I married a Stocchi and we believe his family is from somewhere near mine. He has a little more information. His grandmother was Julia and his grandfathers name was Frank. The last name is Stocchi. My husband believes they were married when they came to america but he is not sure. That is why we would really like to know the birthplace for both families.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 15 Jul 2010, 13:12

The number of Concezio's listed at ancestry . com is incredibly small and none of them have surnames even remotely close to Di Marco. On the other hand, Di Marco is an extremely common name.

This is going to take some effort... :)
Carmine

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 15 Jul 2010, 14:10

jenna2009 wrote:he was not married when he left Italy. He married my mother Marie in Haskell, NJ. Her maiden name was cancelino. I know he was born in 1907. He died when I was only 7. So I don't know a lot about his side of the family.

Hi,
by genealogic tree on ancestry.com
Birth: 12 Oct 1907 - Italy
Marriage: June 1937 (Jun 1937)
Death: 2/1960 (Feb 1960) - Paterson, New Jersey
Spouse: Marie Cancelino

well the only Concezio Di Marco possible is by this ship's manifest:

NAME: Concezio Dimarco ( DI MARCO)
BIRTH: 12 Oct 1906 - New York
DEPARTURE: Naples, Italy
ARRIVAL: 4 Sep 1925 - New York, New York
born in USA, back in Italy, again back in USA in the 1925, joining at uncle Nicola Ascenzo box 468 Haskell, NY (??)
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1329/concezio.jpg
it could be your ancestor?
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 15 Jul 2010, 14:28

I know not if the record in my previous message is abt your ancestor, but by a first search,
maybe,
the Concezio parents was Antonio Di Marco ( b. abt 1872/3 Abbateggio) and Rosa/Rosina Ascenzo ( b. abt 1883 Abbateggio);

they travelled in USA in Mar 23, 1906; no children... joining at Domenico Di Marco brother in NYC..

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0023

for some reason they back in Italy, and in 1916 Antonio Di Marco again in USA, left Rosa wife in Abbateggio and joining at Domenico Di Marco brother, 60 Mulberry st, New York. Antonio declaring that he was in USA from 1904/1914( instead from 1906).

about Antonio Dimarco
Name: Antonio Dimarco
Arrival Date: 16 Jul 1916
Birth Year: abt 1872
Birth Location Other: abbateggio

Port of Departure: Napoli
Ship Name: Duca degli Abruzzi

just a my suggestion...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 15 Jul 2010, 14:59

another trip of Antonio Di Marco, wife Rosa Ascenzo in Abbateggio, rejoin at son Crescenzio Di Marco in NJ
the first name of son, it is wrote Crescenzio and not Concezio...

about Antonio Di Marco
Name: Antonio Di Marco
Arrival Date: 24 Jun 1929
Birth Year: abt 1872
Birth Location Other: abbateggiore di serino ( Abbateggio)
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ship Name: Providence
Search Ship Database: Search the Providence in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
pag 1 http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/8941/antonio1v.jpg
pag 2 http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6785/antonio2pl.jpg
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

jenna2009

Postby jenna2009 » 15 Jul 2010, 19:15

Thank you, the only thing I am not clear on is the DOB of my father. Was he born in 1906 or 1907? Did you find anything on Stocchi, Julia and Frank?

Return to “Italian Genealogy”