Marciano family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
maureenmilsom

Marciano family

Postby maureenmilsom » 15 Jul 2010, 11:04

Any information about family Marciano living in Torre Annunziata would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Mo Milsom

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Marciano family

Postby johnnyonthespot » 15 Jul 2010, 11:47

There are eight Marciano's listed in the current Italian telephone directory ( http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... &om=0&l=en ) in Torre Annunziata .

What sort of information are you seeking?
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

maureenmilsom

Postby maureenmilsom » 15 Jul 2010, 16:36

A bit of a delicate matter.

My father, Joseph Quinn, was there for 3 years during the war from 1943-1945 or 46. He went back after 51 years to see a family by that name. I believe he was romantically involved with one of them called Amalia Marciano. She was about 19 at the time and now lives with her niece near Torre Annunziata. She has never married. I just wonder if I have a half-sister there. Guess I may never know!! My mother always said she thought he had someone in Italy.

I dont know any more!!

Thanks for replying.

Mo Milsom

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 15 Jul 2010, 17:17

maureenmilsom wrote:A bit of a delicate matter.

My father, Joseph Quinn, was there for 3 years during the war from 1943-1945 or 46. He went back after 51 years to see a family by that name. I believe he was romantically involved with one of them called Amalia Marciano. She was about 19 at the time and now lives with her niece near Torre Annunziata. She has never married. I just wonder if I have a half-sister there. Guess I may never know!! My mother always said she thought he had someone in Italy.

I dont know any more!!

Thanks for replying.

Mo Milsom

That's okay; we all have delicate situations in our past. :oops:

I hesitate to point out that there is an Amalia Marciano living in Pozzuoli, less than 30 miles from Torre Annunziata. It appears that she owns a pizzeria/restaurant. See http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... btt=1&om=0

PS: I fixed the link in my previous post. It should work as I had intended now.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

maureenmilsom

Postby maureenmilsom » 15 Jul 2010, 17:41

Thanks a lot. I also found one in a little place called Scafati about 15kms from torre annunziata. Not sure what to do now!! Mo

Oplontino

Postby Oplontino » 15 Jun 2011, 01:05

Two points, as a Torre 'local' no Neapolitan would ever refer to Pozzuoli as being near Torre as there's dozens of towns and the entire city of Naples in between the two towns whilst Scafati are considered our neighbours. Point 2: Scafat Scafet, mal'acqu' e male gente, pur l'evera fa na m**da, a lovely local ditty

Return to “Italian Genealogy”