Gaddi / Stocchetti frm Brancoli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Gaddi / Stocchetti frm Brancoli

Postby joedes » 19 Jul 2010, 16:30

I am going to Italy next week. I have relations that came from Brancoli and I want to go there to take some picts. I have been to Lucca a few times, but our crowd came from Brancoli which is away up the mountain.

His name was Giovanni Gaddi b.1844 and he came to San Francisco by 1868. He married a Rosa Stichetti, I think in Italy.They returned to Brancoli and Nonna Angelina was born in 1878. Between 1883-1888 Rosa died. She may be buried in Brancoli and I wonder how the Italians manage their graves, i.e. into local church graveyards or to larger municipal site?

Gio remarried Caselli and returned to California.

I have not been able to find that name Stichetti on anything and think this may be a misspelling. It may be Stacchetti, but that name is very uncommon and not around Lucca at all. I would like to learn more about my Grt. Grandmother Rosa Stacchetti (?). There was some sort of financial assistance that came to her all her life. The family story is that she was the illegitamate child of Royalty...but then again, aren't we all ?!?!

p.s. Thanks for that help maestra!!!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”