searching for baptism record from san giorgio la molara

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jo123
Rookie
Rookie

searching for baptism record from san giorgio la molara

Postby jo123 » 23 Jul 2010, 11:10

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone can tell me where I should enquire for a baptism record from a church in San Giorgio La Molara. The church is San Luca which I don't think it exists anymore. We have someone in Italy to go and get a copy of the record but not sure if they should go to the town municipal building or a church. It is for a record from 1961.

Any help will be appreciated.

Josie
Tracing my family from Sinopoli. Surnames: Monterosso, Puccini, Carbone, Tripodi, Caruso, Rugnetta, Fimmano, Luppino.

maestra36
Master
Master

Re: searching for baptism record from san giorgio la molara

Postby maestra36 » 23 Jul 2010, 12:00

Since it is a more recent record, there may be a copy at the diocese level. We'll just have to figure out what diocese the parish belongs to. What specifically is the name of the church? first you mention the church in San Girogio and then you say the church is in San Luca. Can you clarify the original location of the church which you said doesn't exist anymore.

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 23 Jul 2010, 13:09

Here is the official website for the archdiocese of Benevento to which the current parish in San Giorgio La Molara belongs. I am guessing it was the same archdiocese for the parish you mention. There are some email addresses you might try.

http://www.webdiocesi.chiesacattolica.i ... Diocesi=30

go to where it says uffici at the top and you will see the following email addresses:

arcidiocesi@diocesidibenevento.it

segreteria@diocesibenevento.it

possibly you could try emailing to ask your question about the records, but you need to do so in Italian.

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 23 Jul 2010, 13:09

no spaces in the above email addresses

jo123
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jo123 » 23 Jul 2010, 13:12

Sorry. The church is San Luca in the town of San Giorgio La Molara in Benevento. The church may still exist, but we can't find any information about it ie location, on the web.

thanks

Josie
Tracing my family from Sinopoli. Surnames: Monterosso, Puccini, Carbone, Tripodi, Caruso, Rugnetta, Fimmano, Luppino.

jo123
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jo123 » 23 Jul 2010, 13:14

Thankyou for that information. I will give it try.

Josie

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 23 Jul 2010, 13:17

If you look at the archdiocese of Benevento website which I sent you above, there is a different parish which comes up for the town. Go to link across the top which says Parrocchie. When you click on that and the next screen comes up, you will see that you can scroll down to your town name and search under that. Then you will get information about the name of the current parish there.

Parrocchia Nostra Signora di Fatima
Piazza Madonna Fatima
82020 - San Giorgio la Molara - BN
Tel.: 0824/983856

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 23 Jul 2010, 13:27

I don't know if the current church would have the records from the now defunct parish. If not, you need to contact the archdiocese, as they should have a copy of the baptismal record since it is from the a more recent date. The archdiocese might not have record copies prior to 1917. I think that was the year that the dioceses started to keep copies of the records from the local parishes in their diocese. Some dioceses kept copies prior to that year, but it is my understanding that they weren't required to.

jo123
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jo123 » 23 Jul 2010, 13:33

Thank you so much, you have been a great help.

Josie

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 23 Jul 2010, 13:36

There is a resident priest for the church San Giorgio La Molara and it might help to address his name since the local parish priest is king of his domain and you need his cooperation. =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Italian Genealogy”