Finally some progress with the Perri Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CompGeekJTP
Rookie
Rookie

Finally some progress with the Perri Family

Postby CompGeekJTP » 24 Jul 2010, 15:31

I've been going crazy trying to find information about the Perri side of my family. I was able to get a marriage record for my great-grandparents, Giovanni Perri and Pasqualina Santore. They didn't get married until 1919, which I would never have thought of originally considering they have a few kids by that point.

Giovanni came from the town of Tiriolo in Calabria and his parents were Domenico Perri and Anna Concolinga. I don't think this is the correct last name since I can't seem to find it listed anywhere. However I have found Concolino in many places. Pasqualina's parents were Giuseppe Santore and Filomena Verderese (or Verderesa or Verderosa). I can't make out the exact spelling. I also can't make out the name of the town. It looks like it is Caliari which does not exist. However Cagliari exists and is in Sardinia.

I was wondering why on the record Pasqualina's last name was Fiore. So I just figured it was another family name or maybe Giuseppe Santore was just her stepfather or something. But then on the Family History website, I came across a marriage record of a Pasqualina Santoro marrying a Giovanni Fiore. The parents for Pasqualina on this record were the same as the other record. So this told me she was married once before.

All of this information has me really excited. This was the last part of my family I could not trace back to a specific town in Italy. I am awaiting a couple of more records, the birth certificate of Alfredo Perri (my grandfather) and Giovanni Perri's death certificate.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Finally some progress with the Perri Family

Postby PeterTimber » 24 Jul 2010, 15:43

Is there anything we can do for you since you made no inquiry? =peter=
~Peter~

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 24 Jul 2010, 16:04

for reference, previous topic and search:
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 14132.html
I remember your search and all infos that I found.... my suggestion is that John Perry used both the surnames(Perri/Fiore) in USA... it could be???
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

CompGeekJTP
Rookie
Rookie

Postby CompGeekJTP » 29 Jul 2010, 02:35

@ Peter - You're right. I wish I remember what I wanted to ask. I wrote it down. I'll get back to you with that.

@ Suanj - I suppose it is a possibility. I would need to order the marriage record from 1892 between Pasqualina Santoro and Giovanni Fiore.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”