ellisisland.org/stevemorese.org/ancestry/footnote

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
carmine1917
Elite
Elite

ellisisland.org/stevemorese.org/ancestry/footnote

Postby carmine1917 » 25 Jul 2010, 15:41

After 2 years of emailing Ellis Island and asking them to please look closely at my grandfathers manifest, his last name it is a U, not a V. they finally emailed me back and said that I was correct and have fixed it on the database. I was so excited.

However, ancestry.com does not have my grandfathers manifest on their website. How would I get stevemorse.org to fix it, do they automatically generate fixes from the ellisisland manifest? Ellis told me to contact them directly.

What does ancestry use to get manifest on their site. I thought they copied from ellis, but I guess they don't.

How does footnote get their information? Has anyone found stuff on footnote, that they were not able to find on ancestry or other sites?

maestra36
Master
Master

Re: ellisisland.org/stevemorese.org/ancestry/footnote

Postby maestra36 » 25 Jul 2010, 15:52

Since you obviously know the ship name and date, have you tried searching for the original manifest using stevemorse's option for missing manifests? Many times I have found the original manifests there even though they are missing from the Ellis Island website or missing when I search Ellis Island through the gold or white form on stevemorse.org. Sometimes the manifest doesn't come up on the film that appears for the date you search on the missing manifest option and you have to go either back one roll number or forward one roll number.

I'm sorry but I don't know the answers to any of the questions you posed in your post.
S

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 25 Jul 2010, 15:53

don't know why that letter S ended up at the end of my post. Must have accidentally hit a key on my keyboard
Peg

carmine1917
Elite
Elite

Postby carmine1917 » 25 Jul 2010, 16:03

My grandfather IS on stevemorese.org, but with the same mispelling that was on ellisisland.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”