Colaluca, Atina, Frosinone, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Colaluca

Colaluca, Atina, Frosinone, Italy

Post by Colaluca »

Hello. My name is Tracey Colaluca and I live in Kent, England. My grandfather's name was Antonio Colaluca and he owned a barbers in Deptford. I know that his family arrived in England during the 1800s. My great grandfather was Guiseppe Colaluca and my great grandmother was Domenica Nunziata Mella. Guiseppe's father was Raffaele Colaluca (a fish-curer) and his mother was Maria Marta Coppola. Domenica's parents were Giovanni Mella and Carolina Secondini. I also know that they came from Atina in Frosinone, Italy. Guiseppe was originally a musician and later ran an ice cream business here in New Cross. Apart from that I know very little and would love to find out more. If anyone has any information I would be thrilled to hear from them. Thank you.
lindapirro27

Re: Colaluca, Atina, Frosinone, Italy

Post by lindapirro27 »

Hi,
My great, great, great grandfather Pirro came from Atina. I am in the US and we have Local Family History Centers which are part of LDS-Latter Day Saints. They microfilmed the civil records from 1810-1865, births, deaths and marriages for many towns including Atina. Good luck with you search and hope you have a local branch.
Linda
Colaluca

Post by Colaluca »

Hi Linda

Many thanks for your message. I have checked out the LDS files online and found out quite a bit - now it's just a case of filling in the blanks!

Kind regards
Tracey :)
kerrwt

Post by kerrwt »

Hi Tracy

I have just come across your post, I am giving my daughter Ashley a hand with family tree etc my ex wife's mum was Colaluca, Ashley is related via DNA Ancestry to Francesco (Francis) Colaluca line, Guiseppe your great grand father's brother i also have line for Flippo the 3rd brother. Francis came to Northern Ireland and opened an Ice Cream Shop in Belfast around 1900's I have birth certificates and marriage certificates etc But he married a Norah Purcell but was married before this so I'm trying too see if their is any more info out there on what happen before he came to Ireland. Or any photo's etc of the family together. Would very much appreciate any help you can give.

Cheers

William
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

If you go to a Family History Centre you will find civil records for Atina right up to 1929.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
kerrwt

Post by kerrwt »

Many thanks Ann
Hayleylou

Post by Hayleylou »

Hi,

Not sure if this is late to the conversation but I’m looking for any Colaluca’s here, my great grandmother Anna Colaluca was born in Atina 1914 and moved to London in 1930… just trying to see if there might be some connection to someone here?