Dauckria Ramezzana?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rtdurden

Dauckria Ramezzana?

Postby rtdurden » 07 May 2004, 06:26

I grew up thinking my great grandfathers name was Mathew. But his name on the ship manifest when he immigrated as a child is Dauckria. Actually, all of his brother and sisters have different names. My biggest question though is Dauckria right? If not what could it be? I can't find it on any name web sources.

Also, he is listed as being from Olfaino, Natto. Later Ramezzana immigrants (only a few) list it as Alpiano Natta. Where is this?

Thank you in advance for any help given.

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 07 May 2004, 06:43

when you say name do you mean first name or surname. Also if you would tell us the family name and the first name you looked under in the ships manifest it would make it ewsier if I could take a look at it under a magnifying glass. Peter

Essgee
Master
Master

Re: Dauckria Ramezzana?

Postby Essgee » 07 May 2004, 08:25

rtdurden wrote:I grew up thinking my great grandfathers name was Mathew. But his name on the ship manifest when he immigrated as a child is Dauckria. Actually, all of his brother and sisters have different names. My biggest question though is Dauckria right? If not what could it be? I can't find it on any name web sources.

Also, he is listed as being from Olfaino, Natto. Later Ramezzana immigrants (only a few) list it as Alpiano Natta. Where is this?

The name of the town is Alfiano Natta...it is located East of Torino and north of Asti in the province of Piemonte in the north western part of Italy, near the French border.

As for the first name, have seen the first name Danchia or Dankia. I think that one of those is the name on the manifest. It appears to not be an Italian name, but rather more likely an Italian version of name from another ethnic group.

Hope this helps.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 07 May 2004, 10:22

rtdurden wrote:I grew up thinking my great grandfathers name was Mathew. But his name on the ship manifest when he immigrated as a child is Dauckria. Actually, all of his brother and sisters have different names. My biggest question though is Dauckria right? If not what could it be? I can't find it on any name web sources.

Hmmm: ...... probable is DANESIO, italian first name....suanj

rtdurden

Postby rtdurden » 07 May 2004, 14:34

Thank you for all of the help! I'll keep you posted if I learn anything interesting.

mdriscoll

Postby mdriscoll » 12 Aug 2009, 22:58

Hey, I just stumbled upon your post, I'm hoping that you still check this account since it's been several years. My G-Grandfather was Mathew Ramezzana's brother, his name is Modesta Ramezzana on the ship log, but her went by Modesto John Ramezane AKA Jack Ramezane. He lived and died in Gilroy, CA. Please email me so we can share info. I also knew their sister Sally Ramezane Wheless. I don't have much info on their Italian heritage.

Melissa Driscoll

Return to “Italian Genealogy”