Pelella Family from Caserta Italy.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
budlight1951
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Pelella Family from Caserta Italy.

Post by budlight1951 »

Thank you all who have sent me a message. I do have some of the information you provided and what I don't have will come in handy.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Have you considered visiting the neaest LDS Family History Center?

They have available microfilm of the civil records for Santa Maria a Vicofrom 1809-1929. Births=Nati, deaths=morti, marriages=matrimoni
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... ++di++Sant++

You need to visit the nearest FHC to rent the film (about $5.50 per month) and view the films at the center. For the FHC nearest you, enter your zip code at this site.
www.familysearch.org

T.
dave_ltd

Post by dave_ltd »

Hi, i'm from Salerno, near Naples. My surname is Pelella.
Well, i don't know much about Pelella's roots, but perhaps our family come from Afragola (Naples).
juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by juanminbar »

kudos for tessa.

j
budlight1951
Rookie
Rookie

Post by budlight1951 »

Hey Dave-ltd,
It sure would be great if you were related to my wife. My wifes Grandfather was Biaggio Pelella, He arrived at NYC 22 Jun 1909 his port of Departure was Naples Italy on the Ship called Berlin. He was 17 Years of age at the time of departure from Italy. His birth Location was Castera Italy, birth locations other S. Ma Vito

Have you any relatives from that area? His father was Luigi Pelella whom I don't have much info on. I believe he was married to Geoivannio Dadia but I am not sure about that. Luigi had 10 children, Margio N, Carmela, Geovanni, Biaggio, Emilia. Milla, Maria, Crispino, Mary and Vincenzo.

If you are any relatioinship to any of them let me know.

Thanks
Dave
dave_ltd

Post by dave_ltd »

Well, , i searched on facebook. There are about 500 Pelella, but i just found a girl from Caserta. Maybe she's the grandaughter of one of them.
budlight1951
Rookie
Rookie

Post by budlight1951 »

I found the girl on facebook and sent her a message. I used a website that translate english into italian. Waiting to see if I hear back from her.
Thanks
dave_ltd

Post by dave_ltd »

I talked to my father about this. He said me there are Pelella in Caserta, especially in Maddaloni and in Santa Maria a Vico. I'll search something about them. I don't think that S Ma Vito exist as city.
Sorry for my poor english.
budlight1951
Rookie
Rookie

Post by budlight1951 »

Your English is very well. So where do you live.?
dave_ltd

Post by dave_ltd »

I live in Pagani, near Naples. I went on this site for searching something about my relatives abroad, knowing where they emigrated. Where are you from?
budlight1951
Rookie
Rookie

Post by budlight1951 »

I live in a small town called Pine Bush. It is located in New York State. I am about 60 miles noth of New York City. If there is any thing I can do for you please let me know.
dave_ltd

Post by dave_ltd »

Okay, i'm glad to help you. :)
Hlyberry99

Post by Hlyberry99 »

I've been reading the posts for the PELELLA family and yes, William B PELELLA is Briaggio, my father was his youngest son. Both my grandparents are buried in Newburgh NY. There were 13 siblings all together , with Henry being the sole survivor.
budlight1951
Rookie
Rookie

Post by budlight1951 »

Yes I know that, I am Jamie's husband her mother was America, If you need any info for your tree please let me know, I believe I have accumulated more info on the Pelella then anyone.