Caringi Family in Abergavenny

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Caringi Family in Abergavenny

Postby jamiecapaldi » 03 Aug 2010, 09:15

I am interested in finding out what Village/town the Caringi Family in Abergavenny, Wales came from in Italy?

Giulliano Caringi Married Rosina Forte in 1898 (prob. Italy), there occupation was Organ Grinders.
They moved to Abergavenny and had the following Children:
Maria Assunta 1904
Paolina 1906
Guido was born in Italy 1909
Teresa 1910 (died 1910)
Giorgio Giuseppe 1911
Filomena 1913

Any information on what part of Italy they are from would be appreciated!
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk

jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Re: Caringi Family in Abergavenny

Postby jamiecapaldi » 03 Aug 2010, 11:27

There was a Caringi Family in Reading also.
The name of head was Pasquale, he could ave been a relative also?
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello

Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Seraphina » 04 Aug 2010, 15:07

Hi Jamie,

Giuliano Caringi was also in Newcastle upon Tyne in the 1901 census - if it's the same person.

Working from the pagine bianche, most of the Caringi currently live in Sora, Castelliri and Isola Del Liri, with some in Roma and Cassino, + other places.

From the emigrants from Italy into Ellis Island (I know this is nothing to do with what you are searching for really), most of the Caringi state their place of birth as Sora, Castelliri, Veroli, Isola Del Liri, Fontechiari or Roma + other places.

Don't know if this is helpful or not.

Seraphina

jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Postby jamiecapaldi » 04 Aug 2010, 17:30

Thanks! That is alot to go on. I dont suppose you would be able to attach a copy of the cencus in a post, please?
Just to see the rest of the residence etc?

Thanks!

Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Seraphina » 09 Aug 2010, 09:43

Sorry about the delay getting back to you, Jamie, but when I searched for Giuliano in Newcastle in 1901, I couldn't find him and started to wonder if I had imagined him there.

Just found him in Ancestry.com. Unfortunately I don't subscribe to Ancestry, so can't help you with the record. Perhaps someone else can get you the info.

Seraphina

Return to “Italian Genealogy”