Guilio Bergamaschi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kittyjeff

Guilio Bergamaschi

Postby kittyjeff » 04 Aug 2010, 10:14

Im looking for my GG uncle who is Guilio Bergamaschi he married Anna Marcon she was born 11-2-1912 and died 3-3- 1958, we were told that she is buried in Milano Cemetery. We have just found out that Guilio Bergamaschi was from Milano. If you have any information on this family could you please email me at jeffrey.boody@verizon.net I also know that Guilio's father was Giuseppe Bergamaschi. we also have a letter that states that Anna Marcon Bergamaschi is in Maggiore Campon.65 Fossa n.168.Hope there is someone out there that can help me find these two people.
Thank you
Kathry Marconi Boody

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Guilio Bergamaschi

Postby johnnyonthespot » 04 Aug 2010, 11:48

Unfortunately, Bergamaschi is a common name in northern Italy (see http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/genera.html - put the name in the Cognome box). In Milano alone, there are 125 telephone listings - http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... btt=1&om=0

You might try writing to several, especially the Giuseppe's, as names tend to run in families. Of course, you would need to write in Italian; my preference is to write a detailed letter saying who you are and what you know of your ancestors and include a few photographs if possible, then have the entire thing translated by a native Italian speaker or professional translator.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 04 Aug 2010, 12:11

...Of course you can also send a Form letter in Italian to a possible relative which you can copy from www.initaly.com/gene/mem/leter1.htm

You might wish to include a self addressed return envelope to cencourage a reply. If thefre afre not too many letters to send you might wish to include a dollar for stamps. =Peter=
~Peter~

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 04 Aug 2010, 13:17

PeterTimber wrote:...Of course you can also send a Form letter in Italian to a possible relative which you can copy from www.initaly.com/gene/mem/leter1.htm

You might wish to include a self addressed return envelope to cencourage a reply. If thefre afre not too many letters to send you might wish to include a dollar for stamps. =Peter=

Personally, I find those form letters to be so dorky and limited in scope that I don't think I would answer one if it turned up in my own mail. Expend the time, effort, and cost to prepare the kind of detailed letter that you would like to receive, get it properly translated so that the recipient won't have to struggle to understand it, and then mail both English and Italian versions to as many people as you would like.

I do like the idea of including a self-addressed reply envelope. A dollar bill won't do much good for the average Italian (other than as a keepsake) but a one or two Euro coin might be appreciated assuming that it actually makes it all the way to the intended recipient. Unfortunately, the smallest Euro note is the 5 €; about $6.60 at today's exchange rate. Letter-size air mail from Italy to the US costs 0.62 € - less then one Euro.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

aiescavol
Veteran
Veteran

Postby aiescavol » 05 Aug 2010, 16:23

need to try in Milano, or send a letter as I have prepare for Fonzaso

Return to “Italian Genealogy”