CALLING ALL MACARI RESEARCHERS

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
BrenImmer

CALLING ALL MACARI RESEARCHERS

Post by BrenImmer »

Hi to all you researchers out there .I am interested in anything Macari. My Great grand-parents started out from Casalattico and we finished in Dublin Ireland. I would love to get and share information with anyone who is searching the same surname.

Cheers Bren.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Re: CALLING ALL MACARI RESEARCHERS

Post by jamiecapaldi »

My Ggreat aunt Lena (michelina) Capaldi married the famous Antonio (anthony) Macari in Dublin 1918. They then lived in Liverpool, had children, Giovanni (john) who died within months, Lorenzo (larry), Giuseppe (joseph) and Rosalina (rose) in Bristol, then moved to London.

Antonio played the accordion and had his band 'macari and the dutch serenaders'. His father Luigi was also a organ grinder.
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
BrenImmer

Post by BrenImmer »

Hi Jamie We also have a well known Accordion player in our family, his name was EMILIO MACARI, he married Maureen Liscomb and they lived in Dublin. We also have a Lina but her full name was ADELINA.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

what was Emilio's Faters name?
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
BrenImmer

Post by BrenImmer »

Hi Emilio's father was called Eugenio Macari. Pls feel free to ask more ?
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Have you got a link with Luigi? I think his fathers name was Andrea or Giacinto Andrea and his mother Rosa Visocchi?
BrenImmer

Post by BrenImmer »

I found Luigi in one of the census, he was living in the same area as my family back in Belfast around the 1920's, but I could not find a link between him and our Macari lot. I think that we will find a connection in time as they all seem to come from that same area.
amanda29

Post by amanda29 »

Hiya Emilio was my grandfather he passed away in the early 90's but Maureen my nana is living in Tallaght.
BrenImmer

Post by BrenImmer »

Hi Amanda Are you kidding me. Have you got an Aunty Angela by any chance.Wow this could be exciting. I would be more than happy to share all my info with you. Let me know bye for now Bren
ursulamezza
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ursulamezza »

Hi Bren

Have you seen David Gula's site - All Things Italiane? David's family also came from Casalattico originally.

If you go into the genealogy section, you'll see a range of records, including a Macari family tree. Might be useful for you - and anyone else with roots in Casalattico.

http://www.allthingsitaliane.com/surname_database.htm

Ursula
amanda29

Post by amanda29 »

Hi Bren, yeah I can fill you in on any questions you have about our family but unfortunately I dont know much beyond my grandfather. And yes Angela is my aunty do you know her or anymore of our family??

Emilio and Maureen had 8 children. Eugene, Rita, Rose, Mary, Sandra, Angela, Emilio and Miriam. My mam Rose sadly passed away over two years ago but the rest are all living in or close to Dublin. Emilio you might have spotted on your search is emilio of emilios beetles and Eugene is noted on a few sites he is a jazz guitarist. And then there is a whole load of grandchildren . .
BrenImmer

Post by BrenImmer »

Hi Amanda
How are you. Yes I can tell you that we are indeed related. Eugenio was the older brother of my Grand-dad MARCO. They marreid in a double wedding at the pro-cathedral in Dublin on the 23 of Feb 1928. Eugenio married Alexandrina ?( don't know her maiden name ) and Marco married my nana Rosalina Cervi. I have a copy of the marraige cert, if you would like a copy I would be more than happy to send you one. I also have a photo of a family wedding and in it their sister Adelina Macari is a brides maid you are more than welcome to a copy of that too. I will attach my e-mail address as I think it will be easier to use that instead of the web site.

brenimmer@bigpond.com

Bye for now Bren
BrenImmer

Post by BrenImmer »

Hi Ursula

I have a look at that ALLTHINGSITALIAN site I will send a message to Jamie and see if we can link some of the names. Thx for that

Cheers Bren
BrenImmer

Post by BrenImmer »

Hi to all of you out there interested in the MACARI Line. I am posting some names in the hope that some one will recognise them.

DOMENICO and ELIZABETH MACARI. Arrived in Belfast with 2 children
EUGENIO and MARIA GRAZIA. The are listed in the 1911 census and lived at number 19 York St, Belfast East. They had 3 more children MARCO, ADELINA and LOUIS. They moved to Dublin where they opened a chipper at number 46 HARRINGTON ST. I think that it is now a coffee shop.

The children went on to marry

Eugenio Macari married Alexandrina ? ( a surname would be great )
Maria Grazia Macari married Carmine Forte
Marco Macari married Rosalina Cervi
Adelina Macari married Tom Reddington
Louis Macari married Paddy Manning

Eugenio and his younger brother married in a double wedding at the pro-cathedral in Dublin on the 23 Feb 1928. I have lots more info if any one is interested.

Bye for now Bren
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Eugenio Macari Married Alexanderina Vercesi!