Birth Certificate #2

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
awkleeberg

Birth Certificate #2

Postby awkleeberg » 15 Aug 2010, 18:29

Here is the second one. We are thinking they are both getting adopted.

Thanks again for your help.

Anne

Please translate in English (and Italian if you have the time)

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Birth Certificate #2

Postby Italysearcher » 15 Aug 2010, 19:14

these are both for the same child.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

sbellarosa

Postby sbellarosa » 15 Aug 2010, 20:01

There are two children of unknown parents who were given the same last names.

#1 Valentina Bellarosa Approx. DOB: 1/21/1822
#2 Andrea Bellarosa Approx. DOB: 5/5/1824

Both birth records mention Amata Meluziis. The record for Valentina also mentions Francesco Saverio Meluziis. We're trying to figure out their involvement with the children and if the two children would likely have had the same mother.

Thanks

Sam

sbellarosa

Postby sbellarosa » 15 Aug 2010, 20:03

Here's the record for the first child (Valentina)

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 15 Aug 2010, 23:18

Just a short comment, as I have to leave.

Both children are of unknown parentage but were assigned to the same wet nurse named Amata Meluziis (not sure that is the correct spelling of her surname). In those days, there was no pasteruization of milk and no bottle feeding. So an abandoned child would be turned over to a wet nurse who would be responsible for breast feeding and caring for the infant. Some wetnurses did this in their homes and would receive stipends from their towns for their services. Others did so in foundling homes or convents or whatever facility at which the infant was abandoned. If either of these children were ever adopted, which is unlikely, there is no information about adoption in either of these records. Hope this helps. Have to sign off now.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 16 Aug 2010, 08:55

-For Andrea Desiato Vincenzo Bellarosa born the 5/5/1824 son of unknown parents, the midwife Maria Di Natale late Amato "found" it.. the child was given to wetnurse Amata Meluziis late Andrea,
for to raise it by own expense
-For Valentina Maria Carmela Bellarosa born the 1/21/1822 daughter of unknown parents "found" from midwife Maria Di Natale, the baby girl also was given to Francesco Saverio Meluziis (for to raise it by own expense) and to wetnurse Amata Meluziis ( probably the wife of Francesco Saverio)

Maybe the Maluziis no having own children and raised Andrea and Valentina Bellarosa; Andrea and Valentino Bellarosa was no born by same parents, almost we cannot say that, but they had same surname by civil records officer..
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

awkleeberg

Postby awkleeberg » 17 Aug 2010, 01:03

suanj,

Will you write the translation in Italian (from the document). We are curious where it states what you have translated.

We appreciate your help! Thank you.

Anne

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 17 Aug 2010, 08:38

Anne I have no so much free time for typing ... however what I wrote is right...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

awkleeberg

Postby awkleeberg » 17 Aug 2010, 10:53

I appreciate your help. I didn't mean to sound as if I was questioning your translation. I wanted to understand the Italian language better. Thanks for all that you have done! You have been a big help.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”