Letter to Church

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lilbees
Master
Master

Letter to Church

Postby lilbees » 16 Aug 2010, 15:31

I am trying to locate the death record for Alfonso Rescigno. Could you check the letter below to see if I have included all information needed for my inquiry.

Giorno buona Reverendo Padre,

Sto cercando di localizzare registrare la morte di mio zio del grande, Alfonso Rescigno, nato il 5 gennaio 1852, Roccapiemonte

Credo che morì 1879-1881 a Castellammare di Stabia.

Sua moglie, Liberata Brancaccio, si risposò, 28 Settembre 1882, Andrea Anastacio, a Castellammare di Stabia attestante il marito precedente era deceduto, ma non record morte è stato incluso con i suoi documenti matrimonio.

Il Civil Registration Office ha fatto una ricerca ed è stato in grado di individuare un record di morte per Alfonso.

Potrebbe essere l'assistenza in questa materia per me?

Grazie,

Thank you for any assistance.
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa

pink67
Master
Master

Re: Letter to Church

Postby pink67 » 16 Aug 2010, 17:31

Hi Lillbees :D

on the free site:

http://search.labs.familysearch.org/rec ... html#start

I found an index for a death of Giovanni Rescigno (a baby?):

Anno 1881 - Registro 428
Rescigno Giovanni di Alfonso e di Brancaccio Liberata

Being Alfonso listed as di it means he was living at the time of this death act... it was the year 1881....

Image of the index page:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqdA8pS

Laura

lilbees
Master
Master

Postby lilbees » 16 Aug 2010, 18:53

Hi Laura. I have all the children and other family members birth/death/marriage from there. But, my problem is looking for Alfonso's death record.

His wife remarried in 1882 saying her previous husband, Alfonso, was deceased. When I pulled her new marriage record it showed no death record for Alfonso.

In an earlier post of mine I had asked "Can someone re-marry if the husband may have immigrated to the states or elsewhere?"

I was told emphatically "NO"

That is why a phone call was made on my behalf to the civil records office, which, by the way, was very much appreciated.

The civil office in Castellammare di Stabia has searched for everything in order to locate a death record for Alfonso but have had no luck. There was no processitti with the 2nd marriage thus no death record. Thanks to italysearcher who has been working with an individual in that office, they have looked during the past week or so to locate it. NOTHING!

I have located a ship's manifest for 1890 for an Alfonso with a birthdate of abt 1850. His was 1852. I also located 2 census for an Alfonso in Middletown Connecticutt in a community institution for 1910 and 1920. Nothing after that. I wrote to the Connecticutt Hospital for further information. On Find-A-Grave there is a listing of some of the individuals buried on the hospital grounds but it is not complete since originally they were only buried with numbers, not names. There is one on that list that I have also wrote about since the name used is the names of 2 of Alfonso's brothers.

Waiting for information from Connecticutt, etc. Genealogy can really be strange and convoluted to say the least.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 16 Aug 2010, 19:06

I understand... :? But if you know the exact death date of this baby (Giovanni Rescigno dead on 1881) you know for sure that he died between that date and the date of the second marriage of Liberata, his wife... I searched in the same index for his death dates with no luck, so possilby he died in another town or abroad.
This was just to better determine the frame period of his death...

Laura

lilbees
Master
Master

Postby lilbees » 16 Aug 2010, 19:19

I agree Laura. I even went back to the year the first child Elvira was born/died which is 1878. No luck there. He presented at the death of his first child but he did not present for the death of his son Giovanni. I realize that is not unusual but a thought.

I am inclined to believe he wandered around and later immigrated to the US.. On the 1900 census it said he immigrated 1880 although I have been unable to locate any manifest for that year or any other census for him. The 1910 census said he immigrated 1890 the year I located a manifest. Haven't checked South America yet which could be a possibility. Just don't know the website to go to yet.

His mother was still living until 1886. He had not only lost his children but 2 of his brothers and 3 of his sister-in-laws who had also died in 1880-1882. His father died 1876. So a lot of strain there.

If you know the web address for immigration to South America let me know.

Many thanks,
lilbees

lilbees
Master
Master

Postby lilbees » 17 Aug 2010, 12:52

Hi, I am still looking for someone to look at the letter to the church to see if I need to add anything.

Oh! If someone has the website for immigrants to South America/Brazil could you let me know what it is.

Thanks,
lilbees

Return to “Italian Genealogy”