Gelardi - Brusnengo Piedmont

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
paul.gelardi

Gelardi - Brusnengo Piedmont

Postby paul.gelardi » 17 Aug 2010, 08:13

I am looking for any information on Giuseppe Gelardi, specifically his birth / baptism record from approximately 1830/1. He gives Brusnengo in Bielle provence as his birth place in the birth cert of his son and refers to his father as Cesare Gelardi,.. however I have no birth date for Cesare.

Does anyone have any access to records for Brusnengo for this period or ideas on how to proceed?

Thanks

Paul

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Gelardi - Brusnengo Piedmont

Postby suanj » 17 Aug 2010, 09:37

Brusnengo civil records are in Vercelli province civil records ( because Brusnengo was in the past in Vercelli province) by Mormon's microfilms:

Registri dello stato civile di Vercelli (Provincia), 1795-1920 Vercelli (Provincia). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile di Vercelli (Provincia), 1800-1913 Vercelli (Provincia). Ufficio dello stato civile

Registri dello stato civile di Vercelli (Provincia), 1801-1865 Vercelli (Provincia). Ufficio dello stato civile
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0

precisely you can try by:

Title Registri dello stato civile di Vercelli (Provincia), 1795-1920
Authors Vercelli (Provincia). Ufficio dello stato civile (Main Author)

Sono filmate le seguenti località: Andorno Micca, Benna, Biella, Bioglio, Borriana, Brusnengo, Callabiana, Camandona, Camburzano, Campiglia Cervo, Candelo, Casapinta, Castellengo, Castelletto Cervo, Cavaglia, Cerreto Castello, Cerrione, Chiavazza, Coggiola, Cossato, Cossila, Croce di Mosso, Crosa, Curino, Donato, Dorzano, Flecchia, Gaglianico, Graglia, Lessona, Magnano, Massazza, Masserano, Mezzana Mortigliengo, Miagliano, Mongrando, Mosso Santa Maria, Mottalciata, Muzzano, Netro, Occhieppo Inferiore, Occhieppo Superiore, Pettinengo, Pianceri, Piatto, Piedicavallo, Pistolesa, Pollone, Ponderano, Portula, Pralungo, Pray, Quaregna, Quittengo, Ronco Biellese, Roppolo, Rosazza, Sagliano Micca, Sala Biellese, Salussola, Sandigliano, San Giuseppe di Casto, San Paolo Cervo, Soprana, Sordevolo, Strona, Tavigliano, Ternengo, Tollegno, Torrazzo, Trivero, Valdengo, Vallanzengo, Valle Mosso, Valle San Nicolao, Veglio, Verrone, Vigliano Biellese, Villanova Biellese, Viverone, Zimone, Zubiena, Zumaglia, Pavignano.

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... ++di++Verc &columns=*,0,0

but for Brusnengo the records are available from 1871....
maybe you can find the Giuseppe death or the marriage :roll: ... also abt the children... also the Cesare death it is possible that you can find it...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

paul.gelardi

Postby paul.gelardi » 17 Aug 2010, 10:13

If I went there in person, do you know how I would go about getting to see the records from 1830/1?

Regards

Paul

paul.gelardi

Postby paul.gelardi » 17 Aug 2010, 10:27

Giuseppe Gelardi died in Rome and all his children were born in Rome. No idea if he was married in Rome but that would seem also a logical conclusion. He married Carlotta Giulianni but I don't have a year. I know he died before 1901 and he registered his last son's birth in 1878 so he died in Rome at some time in those 23 years. Are there any online resources that might trace this death?

Family stories say that he ran away from home in Piedmont to join with Garibaldi's army. There is also a reference to the family de Foa, for which I can find no trace at all!!

Regards

Paul

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 17 Aug 2010, 12:53

paul.gelardi wrote:If I went there in person, do you know how I would go about getting to see the records from 1830/1?

Regards

Paul

Paul I said:
for Brusnengo the records are available from 1871....
maybe you can find the Giuseppe death or the marriage ... also abt the children... also the Cesare death it is possible that you can find it...

that is all that you, maybe, can find by Mormon's microfilms...
kind regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

paul.gelardi

Postby paul.gelardi » 17 Aug 2010, 13:19

I meant if I go to Brusnengo village. I have a week holiday in 2nd week of Sept so I was thinking of maybe going to Brusnengo and having a look for myself.
How would I find the records? Would I call at all / any churches, speak to the priest (if tehy speak English) and ask to have access to the records. Would they actually keep these records in the church? or is the another place that the church records would be kept?

Regards

Paul

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 17 Aug 2010, 13:54

ah ok...
it is hard to say if the church records are in the parish or in Diocese archive... in both the cases it are no available from anyone, because it are necessary a special permit of Bishop for to see it as a well for to search...
the only chance is if the priest making the search... and it is no easy that....
the better option is to find a genealogist on the place that, maybe, can help...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”