Russo family from Teggiano, Italy to Brooklyn

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rjrdomer
Rookie
Rookie

Russo family from Teggiano, Italy to Brooklyn

Postby rjrdomer » 18 Aug 2010, 20:10

I am looking for any information on the Russo family. Cono Russo emigrated from Teggiano, Italy to Williamsburg, Brooklyn around 1887. He had 5 sons: Michele (Michael), Antonio (Anthony), Vito, James, and John. Michael was born in Italy in 1881, the rest were born in the US.

Cono Russo was born around 1854 and died in 1917. I am mainly looking to see if anyone knows of his son Anthony's whereabouts...

Anthony Russo married Filomena (Fannie) Trupiano in NY in 1909. They had 3 children. The oldest son was named Cono born in 1916 and he died in 1978 in Elmont, NY. If anyone knows this family, please reply or email me rjrusso@gmail.com. I'd be happy to share information also. Thank you.

rjrdomer
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Russo family from Teggiano, Italy to Brooklyn

Postby rjrdomer » 27 Dec 2010, 19:50

Just following up. Does anyone know how I can find information regarding Cono Russo mentioned in my prior post? He was born around 1854 in Teggiano, Italy. I have a birth date of February 28, 1854 but have seen 1853 and 1859 as well.

He married Concetta Daleo, maybe D'Alio or D'Aleo.

I looked through LDS microfilms from that time and could not find anything. Then again, I do not know much Italian and reading them was very difficult for me. If anyone can provide any thoughts or information, I would appreciate it. I can provide more details I may have if anyone thinks they can help. rjrusso2@gmail.com

Return to “Italian Genealogy”