Pomigliano d'Arco - LEONE & MOLARO family records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Pomigliano d'Arco - LEONE & MOLARO family records

Postby rjrdomer » 19 Aug 2010, 20:17

Just seeing if anyone has any thoughts on how to obtain vital records from Pomigliano d'Arco. Does anyone have any experience in doing this? What is the process/what can I expect? Do I need to go to Italy? I do not speak Italian. I can read basic words but can't form sentences or anything.

I am researching two families in my lineage. One is the LEONE family. Giuseppe (Joseph) Leone was born in Pomigliano on September 8, 1882. His wife, Maria MOLARO was born around 1885. Giuseppe came to the US in 1905. I have his boat record. His soon-to-be-wife came soon after, with her father Gennaro Molaro. Giuseppe and Maria married in Brooklyn.

Giuseppe's parents were Nunzio Leone and Giovanna Favicchio. Maria's parents were Gennaro Molaro and Maria Felicia Santullo. As far as I know, Gennaro went back to Italy after bringing his daughter to the US.

Any thoughts on how to trace this family back to Italy would be greatly appreciated. I checked LDS and they don't seem to carry Pomigliano records in their library.

Re: Pomigliano d'Arco - LEONE & MOLARO family recor

Postby maestra36 » 23 Aug 2010, 10:46

http://www.comune.pomiglianodarco.na.it ... sp?Id=3339

The above link has an email address and mailing address for the anagrafe or registry office in the town of Pomigliano d'Arco. You will need to write or email in Italian. To help you, you can refer to the following websites:

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

If mailing for record copies from the town, send a self-addressed, but not a stamped envelope.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”