Rizzo Family of NOTO, SICILY

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
saxac

Rizzo Family of NOTO, SICILY

Postby saxac » 25 Aug 2010, 05:24

I am seeking out my relatives who reside in NOTO, Sicily or who may know My great grand father is Luciano Rizzo born around 1880 and my great great grand father Luigi Rizzo born around 1855. Luciano Rizzo Married Maria Fiteni and Luigi Rizzo married Carolina Fenech.

Love to hear some news

maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Rizzo Family of NOTO, SICILY

Postby maestra36 » 25 Aug 2010, 11:20

Hello and welcome to this forum.

There are microfilmed records available for the town of Noto for rental from a local family history center run by the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints. The records for the town on film go from 1820 to 1929. There are also some church records for the town available on film.

For a birth around 1880, you could rent the following film to look for the record:

Nati 1877-1886 FHL INTL Film 1568314

For the birth around 1855, it would be the following film:

Nati 1853-1858 FHL INTL Film 1568188

To find the nearest local center, go to the following website:

www.familysearch.org

go to the category library across the top and then scroll down to the option for family history centers. Once you click on that option, you can put in your location and find the center closest to you. It currently costs around $5.50 to rent one roll of microfilm which is sent to the local center for about a month for the main library in Salt Lake City.

You could also write directly to the town giving the approximate years of birth that you have.

anagrafe@comune.noto.sr.it (this is the email address for the town's anagrafe or registry office which houses the vital records). An email in Italian could yield you the exact dates of birth, if having the record copies is not important to you.

Or possibly you could request the record copies via email. Most request record copies via regular mail and include a self-addressed but not stamped envelope. There should be no charge for the copies. I will get back to you with the mailing address.

maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Rizzo Family of NOTO, SICILY

Postby maestra36 » 25 Aug 2010, 11:40

The following is the mailing address:

Ufficio Anagrafe
Comune di Noto
Via Ruggero Settimo, 8
96017 Noto (SR)
Italia

To help you with letters or emails in Italian, you can refer to the following websites:

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp

Return to “Italian Genealogy”