One World tree on ancestry?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
carmine1917
Elite
Elite

One World tree on ancestry?

Postby carmine1917 » 27 Aug 2010, 01:34

I found some people in my family on ancestry, but on the One World Tree section, I could not figure out how to contact the person who put the names on. But someone told me, that One World Tree has nothing to do with Ancestry, it is from some other genealogy site. Anyone have any idea?

carolinechurch
Veteran
Veteran

Re: One World tree on ancestry?

Postby carolinechurch » 27 Aug 2010, 03:29

Maybe try searching ancestry itself, but in the specific category of member trees?
It is part of ancestry, but doesn't seem to have the 'contact' area. I tried to get in touch with someone through it with no joy either, messed around for ages and got nowhere.
Searching for my great x3 grandfather Raffaele CIACCIA, also known as Raphael/Ralph CHURCH. He was born in Napoli around 1792 and arrived in London before 1812 with his brother Saverio CIACCIA, where they married sisters Ann and Jane FURNEAUX. He switched between CHURCH and CIACCIA all his life, which has made it difficult enough to pin him down. I want to find his origin in Italy.

carmine1917
Elite
Elite

Postby carmine1917 » 27 Aug 2010, 10:30

Hey Caroline, that is how I found it by searching ancestry. I have no clue what it is. Hopefully someone else on this board will know.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 27 Aug 2010, 12:20

QUESTION: How do I get contact information for OneWorldTree results?

ANSWER: We have made finding the contact information for a tree or individual you have located in the One World Tree collection a simple process. In most cases when you are viewing an individual in the One World Tree, you should be able to locate a Contact Submitters icon in that person's information box. Clicking this button should display a list of submitters (perhaps only one) who contributed to the listed entry's information. Click on an entry in the Submitter column to open a "Compose an E-mail Message" form and send that submitter a question or comment.

If the Contact Submitters icon is greyed out, you may still be able reach them through another method. Click on the Records tab below that individual's information box. Under the Source Records section of that tab, click on the User-submitted Family Trees link to see a list of the files from which this information was taken. From this list, click on one of the listings in the Name column to open the entry for that individual you are viewing in the originally submitted file.

Once you are viewing that individual within its original file, the email address as given by the submitter will be listed as a graphic at the top of the page. Write this email address down and then manually enter it in your normal email program or interface to send them a message. Be sure to be specific about the reference, so they have a better understanding of your comment or question.

Note: In some limited cases, information may not have reference to any user-submitted files (such as if an individual's information was instead taken from the 1930 census). In these rare cases, you will not find any contact information available. Also, please note that we do not check for updated contact information from submitters. If you email or attempt to contact them but find such information is unavailable or no longer valid, we will not have any way of obtaining more recent or accurate contact information. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Click for Ancestry . com FAQ page.

Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

Return to “Italian Genealogy”