My GGGF Lucas Bregante

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
javiervistin

My GGGF Lucas Bregante

Post by javiervistin »

Hello - i`m new to this site. I am unable to find the place where my gggf came from Italy.
Came to Esmeraldas (Ecuador) in 1868, he has a daughther (my ggm) and he baptize her on this year.
The GGGF name is Lucas Bregante.
I dont know the year of his birth.
Anybody can help me, how to find any information about this ?
Census, records , ship registers, or anything.
I need to know if still there are descendents from my GGGF alive anywhere in the world its a sentimentalist reason for my family.
Thank you so much for this fantastic forum.i love it

Thanks you very much for your help.
Javier Vistin.
pink67
Master
Master

Re: My GGGF Lucas Bregante

Post by pink67 »

Javier,

this is your previous post:

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... alian.html

considering that maybe Sestri Levante could be a good start point I can only advise you to search for first all the records for Luca from Ecuador, marriage, death records for example and see if they have other details because civil registrations here began on 1866 more or less so you have to ask for his birth act to the church were he was baptized... it's a difficult research without knowing at least his parent's names or his birth year....

Laura
javiervistin

Re: My GGGF Lucas Bregante

Post by javiervistin »

thanks laura, i will go to search for the baptims record, i visited a FHC and i find a register in Ecuador about the date of my GGM birth, i have to
wait for the microfilm.
when i have more information i post again.
thank you.