Paltrinieri (Paltrineri) connection in Modena

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
italianroots

Paltrinieri (Paltrineri) connection in Modena

Post by italianroots »

I am looking for a connection in Modena to my Charles Paltrineri who lived in Wellesley, MA, USA. He married Clementine Padovani (also from Italy, but not sure of location or family) and had several children. They both would hav been born between 1850 and 1870. If anyone has any info that could help please post! I need help :)

Thanks,
A Haug
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

go to the family history library and request microfilm for Modena if that is the place of origin. Remember Modena is a provincial capital as wll as a city. Civil records date back to the 1500's. Peter
italianroots

Post by italianroots »

Where would I find a link to the page with that information?
Amy
A Haug
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The information is on micorfilm at the family history library of the mormon church nearest your home. The information is not available in a website. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Once again I remind you that Modena is a provincial capital and that oftimes people will say they are from Modena and mean they come from a town or village in the province of Modena. Peter
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

Charles F. Paltrineri arrived in 1894 on the ship Columbia. The film# is M237-623, frame 586. You can go to: http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB/ellis.html and search for the missing manifest. He arrived on March 5, 1894...but roll of film starts at Feb. 1894. Just go to that frame and you will see him listed on line 111. He is listed at age 25, coming from Modena on his way to Boston.

Go to www.familysearch.org and search the library holdings by place. Under, Modena, Modena, Italy, you will see the civil records listed from the 1500's to 1900....look for those around 1870. That would be his birth date based upon census info. Peter is correct to warn that Modena is a Province as well as a city...so the records could be in another town within the Province of Modena. In this instance, however, it is worth taking a chance that the records will be in this group. Cost about $3.50 to rent and find out.

Charles is Carlo Paltrineri in the passenger list and no doubt listed this way in the Italian Records. I could not find wife or son in 1899/1904 as listed in the census date. Not sure why. By 1930, Charles is listed as Paul in the census, his wife Clementine is listed as Mary, and believe it or not, Charles the son also has a wife named Clementine!!! Now, that gets confusing. (Maybe the name was Carlo Paolo)

I found the family in 1910, 1920, and 1930 if you need Census data. It lists all children, if you do not have. Can list if you need this.