DELFINI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
caydee

DELFINI

Postby caydee » 31 May 2004, 14:41

Looking for anyone with surname DELFINI from Isernia.

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 31 May 2004, 17:31

In Italy, the USA or the world????????????Peter

caydee

Postby caydee » 31 May 2004, 20:15

Since I know only that he came from Isernia to the US, probably through Boston, I have no idea if he had relatives who went elsewhere. He anglicized the spelling of his name when he got here, and had no contact with any other family members, so I know these people. He was born 1892. Father's name Guiseppe.

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 31 May 2004, 20:32

There are 4 Delfini in the sity of Isernia but bear in mind that Isernia is also a provincial capital and that often Italians will furnish the province name rather than their village or town of origin in order to further idetify the area they are from. If Isernia is the town of origin you can go thru the microfilm records for that town covering births,marriages and deaths dating back to 1809. If you go to wwww.paginebianche,.it and put Delfini in the first line and Isernia in the third line and click CERCA the 4 Delfini wil show up by name,address and telephone number.

If you wish to trace his arrival in Boston you can also go to the Family Hisxtory Library of the Mormon church to look up his arrival at Boston for the period of 1902-1906 and from 1906 to 1920 on Nara #(US ARCHIVES) which are on microfilm or you can write directly to NARA in their Waltham. Massachusetts office and request form 81 passenger arrival record or ask them to locate his arrival in the USA by name and year of birth and furnish you with the ship manifest information. Peter

Essgee
Master
Master

Postby Essgee » 01 Jun 2004, 01:16

caydee wrote:Since I know only that he came from Isernia to the US, probably through Boston, I have no idea if he had relatives who went elsewhere. He anglicized the spelling of his name when he got here, and had no contact with any other family members, so I know these people. He was born 1892. Father's name Guiseppe.

There are a number of Delfini listed at www.ellisisland.org and many came from Isernia. What was your relatives name? Did he live in Massachusetts? What did he change his name to? We can help, but not if you don't tell us more of what you know....

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 01 Jun 2004, 07:07

She said he came in from Boston not NYC. Peter

caydee

Re: DELFINI

Postby caydee » 08 Jan 2009, 02:02

Guiseppe Delfini, married to Lucia Cimarelli. Lived 200 via Mancello (or marcello) Prov. di Campobasso. I found a receipt for a photo sent to this person, from his son, Luigi Pasquale Delphin (nee Delfini) dated 1915. My Great great grandparents.

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 09 Jan 2009, 19:35

Hi Caydee.......
Been awhile since you posted, have you made progress in your research?
Do you need specific help with US records or Italian records?
Or are you just hoping to connect with others researching the same family lines?
If you can state your research goals members here can help guide you in the right direction.
wldspirit :)

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

caydee

Postby caydee » 10 Jan 2009, 00:01

Yes, I have made some progress such as finding immigration records, etc. Unfortunately, I don't (to my regret) read Italian, and am looking for information on my Delfini relatives. I think Pasquale was living with an uncle when he came here, but my Grandmother said he had no relatives here. I would like to find relatives of his. I have only my Ggrandparents' names and address at the time. Family myth says the owned a rope factory in Isernia, which my father received a letter about sometime after the war (WWII) that he could claim it if he could prove he was the eldest son. I have never found the letter in my parents' things. Thanks for the reply. Caydee

Return to “Italian Genealogy”