What to do now?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
vickig
Rookie
Rookie

What to do now?

Post by vickig »

I think that I have come up against a brick wall. I have sent out letters to possible relatives and requested birth certificates from Italy. Not any contact from the officials on the birth records. Should I wait longer? I have only heard from one person with the last name and it is not a relative. Is it time to hire a professional genealogist in Italy and what do you know about the success and the fee structure?
misbris
Master
Master

Re: What to do now?

Post by misbris »

The question is how long ago did you send the requests for birth certificates? August is a month of vacation for most of Italy. If it has been less than a month, I would give them a little more time. If there is no response send a follow up by mail and e-mail.

By the way what is the name of the comune? Many people here have experience with certain comunes and can tell you about response time.
vickig
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vickig »

Rocca Canavese, TO and Torino and Carpineti, ER.
vickig
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vickig »

And it was about a month ago.
vickig
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vickig »

So should I wait a little longer and any other help is greatly appreciated! I am at a brick wall until I find out who the parents are on the birth certificate from Italy.