Farias family in Pescara

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
brru25
Rookie
Rookie

Farias family in Pescara

Postby brru25 » 25 Sep 2010, 01:01

I've had a lot of success writing to Loreto Aprutino in Pescara, the hometown of my great-grandfather Gabriele Farias, son of Raffaele and Annadomenica Giovanneti. I've been to trace my family tree as far back as Gabriele's grandparents, Tommaso Farias/Filomena Spinozzi and Clementino Giovanetti/Maria Grazia Acerbo.

This post is to see if anyone else has information on the Farias family, stories, possible be able to trace the tree back farther, or quite possibly photos of the Farias family.

I have birth dates for most of the above-mentioned relatives if that helps.

As far as I know, all the people mentioned above are from Loreto Aprutino, Pescara.

maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Farias family in Pescara

Postby maestra36 » 25 Sep 2010, 15:35

It's nice to know that you have had success writing to someone in your ancestral town who has provided you with a wealth of information. We've had others on this forum asking if they should write to potential relatives in Italy, and your post obviously will be an inspiration to them. I don't know how far back you are in your ancestry, but there are some microfilmed records for the town available for rental through a local Latter Day Saints family history center

Registri dello stato civile di Pescara (Pescara), 1809-1865

www.familysearch.org to search the library catalog and see the microfilms available for the town

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 25 Sep 2010, 15:36

sorry, I see the town name is Loreto Apruntino. The microfilmed records are not for that town.

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 25 Sep 2010, 15:38

I have also had a great deal of success writing to a town, but in in Sicily whose state civil records started in 1866. The town official there was most helpful in getting me back to his earliest records which were in 1820 and not on microfilm

Return to “Italian Genealogy”