Rachel Dolif

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Vedere

Rachel Dolif

Post by Vedere »

Looking for any information about my great grandparents Francesco Collodel and Luigia Perin. Also looking for any information about my grandparents Giuseppe Collodel from Pietro di Feletto and Rachel Dolif from San Vito di Cadore.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Rachel Dolif

Post by ptimber »

You can either go to the family history library of the Mormon church and rent out a micorfilm for any civil records available in the town of origin or towns of origin. On the other hand you can write to each of these municipal offices in each town (Ufficio di Stato Civile) and request specific documents such as birth,marriage or death records. In this case you will need an italian form letter if you cannot write in Italian. Please let me know since the research is yours and directing you is mine. Peter
Essgee
Master
Master

Re: Rachel Dolif

Post by Essgee »

Rachele D'Olif arrived first in the US on Aug. 23, 1920. She was from Vito Cadore (S. Vito di Cadore), and her mother, Giovanna remained there. She was to meet her cousin Constantino del Favero in Patterson MJ. She is listed at 20, single, and a seamstress.

Rachele again comes into the US...now married...on Feb 17, 1924 at the age of 23. She is with her daughter Giovanna, who is US born. Rachele is listed as being in the US from 1920-1923. The ship is the Conte Rosso and she left her mother, Giovanna Del Favero in St. Vito Cadore, Belluno.
(S. Vito di Cadore, Belluna, Italy).
She was to meet her husband, Giuseppe Collede in Patterson.

There was no passenger list I could find for Giuseppe...not sure why.
In the 1930 census of Passaic, Totowa, NJ. ED 16-179, 244
Name listed as Callodele....
Giuseppe, age 36, married at 27, arrived in 1920
Rachel, age 30, married at 21, arrived in 1920
Jennie, age 7 born NJ
Pearl, age 5, born NJ
Saba, age 4y, 2 months, born NJ
Viola, age 3,born NJ

Now there is another Collodel in Passaic, a Paul Collodel. He also arrived in 1921, but the town of origin is Godega which is not far from S. Pietro di Felletto...so he could be a cousin., not sure.

I would suggest that you get cemetery and death records, look for things like naturalization papers, speak with cousins,etc. and see what you come up with. To find more, you will have to contact Italy directly as the records from these towns are not on microfilm.

Either Suanj or Peter are very knowledgable and can help you write to Italy.