I need help finding my family history! time sensative

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mannydamico

I need help finding my family history! time sensative

Postby mannydamico » 01 Oct 2010, 03:48

I have found some information about past relative but have been stuck finding anymore information about them. Can anyone suggest any online sites that I may be able to get information. My family is of italian decent. I've gotten to the mid 1800's and I'm still in Sicily wtih them but I'm now stuck and can't find anymore information. I was on ancestry.com but found very little information, Iam leaving for home in a few days and really want to get more information if anyone know's where I can find it online? i know italy is very difficult to find information on. I am looking for any information on Rosario D'amico married to Maria Campanella and I am also looking for any informaiton on Giuseppina Fiore and Salvatore Garofolo all living in Sicily. Most of them in the Palermo region. Any help would be great!

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: I need help finding my family history! time sensative

Postby johnnyonthespot » 01 Oct 2010, 09:48

To clarify, are you looking to go further back in time to the early 1800's and earlier?

It gets more difficult because in many cases the only records earlier than the middle 1800's which may exist are church parish records. You will rarely find these anywhere except at the church itself.

It would help if you were more specific as to exactly where your dead-end is: names, exact locations, and dates.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

mannydamico

Postby mannydamico » 01 Oct 2010, 14:25

i found my Great grandparents on my father's, fathers side and then i found my great grandparents on my father's mothers side and that's it I'm stuck. I can't find any other information about them. I found a little bit regarding their birthdates online but couldn't find anymore information.

the only thing that it says when I found it was the names Rosario D'Amico born in 1893 in Palermo Sicilia Died in 1925 in palermo Sicilia and Maria Campanella just born and died in Palermo. I have no dates for Salvatore and I have Giuseppina Fiore born in 1886 in Trapani Sicilia and Died there as well.

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 01 Oct 2010, 21:11

If you need someone who researches directly in Trapani, there is a friend of mine, Rosario Salone, he is a genealogist, he attends archives and parishes, and he does researches for a donation
bye Riccardo

mannydamico wrote:i found my Great grandparents on my father's, fathers side and then i found my great grandparents on my father's mothers side and that's it I'm stuck. I can't find any other information about them. I found a little bit regarding their birthdates online but couldn't find anymore information.

the only thing that it says when I found it was the names Rosario D'Amico born in 1893 in Palermo Sicilia Died in 1925 in palermo Sicilia and Maria Campanella just born and died in Palermo. I have no dates for Salvatore and I have Giuseppina Fiore born in 1886 in Trapani Sicilia and Died there as well.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”