I received a certificazioni demografiche today and need help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
vickig
Rookie
Rookie

I received a certificazioni demografiche today and need help

Postby vickig » 01 Oct 2010, 23:21

Today something happened, finally, I got something in the mail from Torino and it was called at certificazioni demografiche Estratto Per Riassunto de Atto de Nascita but it wasn't what I expected. I expected a photo copy of the record. This is a typed document but stamped by an official. Is this what you normally get a typed piece of paper? Can anyone tell me if this is the mother or the fathers name of the person and why don't they have both mother and father? It reads:

Nicola Teresa Francesa
di Nicola Giuseppa

now how would I find the birth certificate of the "di Nicola Giuseppa" so I could go further if I don't know the DOB of "di Nicola Giuseppa". Please help.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: I received a certificazioni demografiche today and need

Postby johnnyonthespot » 01 Oct 2010, 23:33

You received an extract of the original handwritten record. If you need a document for a dual citizenship application, this is perfect.

For genealogy research purposes, most people prefer the "Copia Integrale" because it is a true photocopy of the original record and thus contains lots of info not on the estratto. On the other hand, these original records can be very difficult to read and interpret...
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

vickig
Rookie
Rookie

Postby vickig » 01 Oct 2010, 23:39

Johnnyonthespsot thank you for that, I am doing genealogy research, even though I wish I had Italian citzenship! So do I need to go back and request that "Copia Integrale" more specifically?

and I still don't know if that is her mother or her father or how do I take this further. Any help out there appreciated.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 02 Oct 2010, 00:36

vickig wrote:Johnnyonthespsot thank you for that, I am doing genealogy research, even though I wish I had Italian citzenship! So do I need to go back and request that "Copia Integrale" more specifically?

and I still don't know if that is her mother or her father or how do I take this further. Any help out there appreciated.

I believe the correct title of the document you want is "Copia integrale dell'atto di Nascita".

As to the one you received, I have uploaded a copy of an aunt's estratto below; click the thumbnail for a full sized image. Is this what you received?

This example says that Rosina Iacovo was born in Malvito ("nata a Malvito") on July 9, 1908 ("in data 09/07/1908"), that her father's ("paternità") first name was Filippo (it is understood that the father's surname is Iacovo - the same as the child's), and mother's ("maternità") full name was Maria Francesca Altieri.

Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

vickig
Rookie
Rookie

Postby vickig » 02 Oct 2010, 00:52

Yes pretty much looks like that. Thank you for that. I will request the other one, but will it have both parents names on it?

I still need to get to the bottom of her mothers maiden name issue and possibly her fathers father's name so I can carry on.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 02 Oct 2010, 01:13

So, you are saying that the document you received does not specify the parent's names? Most unusual...

Here is a helpful tutorial on what to expect and how to read the Copia Integrale http://broadcast.lds.org/elearning/FHD/ ... layer.html
Carmine

vickig
Rookie
Rookie

Postby vickig » 02 Oct 2010, 01:20

it had one parent listed di Guiseppa Nicola only but I know her father's name

you see I have her SS Card application and her mother's maiden name is unreadable that is why I need this certificate

Return to “Italian Genealogy”