Looking for Information regarding the Severini Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jpman

Looking for Information regarding the Severini Family

Postby jpman » 11 Oct 2010, 16:21

Hello to all and than you for having me in your community! I am trying to find information regarding my family's ancestors. This is the family from my mothers side and it is believed that my mothers great grandfather was born in Calabria, Italy. The family name is Severini his complete name is said to have been Galiano Severini although it has been said that his first name could have been different. The other information she gave me is that he was very close to another family that goes by the Mancini family name and that they were indeed from the same town. I know this information is not that acurate but I am trying to work with what I have. I appreciate any help I can recieve from this community, than you all.

misbris
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Information regarding the Severini Family

Postby misbris » 11 Oct 2010, 17:07

Hi and welcome to the forum, :lol:

A few questions to help narrow down the search. Do you know approximate birth/death year? Year of immigration? Pllace where he settled? Name of spouse, siblings, children?

jpman

Postby jpman » 11 Oct 2010, 17:16

The birth and death year are not clear to me. Also the year of immigration is uncertain as well. From what I hear he never settled in the United States, his port of entry was Puerto Colombia near Barranquilla which is the coast. His son's name was Carlos Severini Polo which in turn then had my grandmother and then my mother. The information of where he came in through could be uncertain as well. Thank you for your response and help, warm regards.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 11 Oct 2010, 19:45

Welcome!
I believe that your ancestor coming from Catanzaro area, Calabria; but without more details it is hard to be more precise... all the best,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”