Carzana family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
famhistory

Carzana family

Postby famhistory » 16 Oct 2010, 15:15

Hello, I am looking for information on the Carzana family please. Giovanni Cristoforo Casimro Carzana was born about 1878 in Italy (possibly Macugnaga). He came to the UK about 1900 and married Margaret Esther Kemp 1901 in St Marylebone. His father was also called Giovanni.
Any information about the family would be most greatly appreciated.

lizcarzana

Re: Carzana family

Postby lizcarzana » 08 Jan 2011, 17:58

famhistory wrote:Hello, I am looking for information on the Carzana family please. Giovanni Cristoforo Casimro Carzana was born about 1878 in Italy (possibly Macugnaga). He came to the UK about 1900 and married Margaret Esther Kemp 1901 in St Marylebone. His father was also called Giovanni.
Any information about the family would be most greatly appreciated.

my husbands grandfather was casimero carzana, his wife, was esther. My husbands grandfather was from pestarena, a few miles lower down the mountain road from macugnaga, where there were three cottages, each occupied by one of the three brothers, we have visited the house, now all three knocked into one, where a cousin still lived as of our last visit, about 10 years ago. this sounds likely to be the same family?

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 08 Jan 2011, 23:29

Did Giovanni come to the States at all or did he stay in England and when did he die and where? Do you have the marriage record?
Marty A

lizcarzana

Postby lizcarzana » 09 Jan 2011, 11:05

adelfio wrote:Did Giovanni come to the States at all or did he stay in England and when did he die and where? Do you have the marriage record?
Marty A

we dont know if giovanni went to the states, which generation would he be? my husbands uncle, frank did go to the states, he had a hotel in florida i believe and may have changed his name from carzana to carr, he was married, and had no children as far as we know, he died around 20 years ago. My husbands father(antionio) first wife, may have gone to the states prior to returning to italy, possibly around 1942, with two children, as antionio was missing presumed dead in the war, but was actually in i prisoner of war camp. on returning to england, he married again and had 6 children, my husband being the youngest. Are you a carzana, or decended from? hope to hear from you again. regards.liz

Return to “Italian Genealogy”