Marriage Names the same??

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Marriage Names the same??

Postby jamiecapaldi » 17 Oct 2010, 12:44

I have found records for a Capaldi birth's. One registered in 1875 with the parents being Orazio Capaldi, and Rosa Valente and the other in 1883 with the same dad, but mother's name is Elisabetta Valente.
Do you think its the same mother, but she used a middle name, or two different people??
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk

juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Marriage Names the same??

Postby juanminbar » 17 Oct 2010, 13:02

it was not uncommon when a wife died in a family that the husband married a sister of the deceased.

j

oilman19
Master
Master

Postby oilman19 » 17 Oct 2010, 21:54

Also, it may be the same person. She may have started using her middle name instead of her first name. I have seen that happen with my documents.

You may need to find additional births and/or the birth act of the mother to determine if she has more than 1 name. Or you may find the death act for Rosa between 1875 and 1883 to prove that it is 2 different people.

You simply do not have enough info to make your case.

Good luck
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.

jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Postby jamiecapaldi » 17 Oct 2010, 23:27

Ok, thanks all. I'll have a look tomorrow!
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello

jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Postby jamiecapaldi » 05 Nov 2010, 17:41

I found a Maria Rosa and Maria Elisabetta, but so many of them with no Maria its hard to know which one??

Return to “Italian Genealogy”