Milliary help 1918

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sammyrobb

Milliary help 1918

Postby sammyrobb » 21 Oct 2010, 08:32

I am trying to trace my GGrandmothers family but we have limited information and I'm starting to pull my hair out :cry: .

I have come across a postcard her brother sent to her with the following information and I'm hoping someone may be able to help me in the right direction as to gaining further information.

Dal Sold. Deluzio,Guiseppe
597 Comp.
Mitraglieri Fiat 90
Repurto Iona di Guerra

It was sent from Italy on 6/11/1918
He had been in Edinburgh between 30/10/1916 and 20/3/1918

We was born in Italy, his parents names were Maria & Guiseppe Deluzio (sometimes spelt Diluzio, deluzia, delucia).

He died on 22/02/1922 aged 32

I would be so grateful if anyone can help.

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Milliary help 1918

Postby ricbru » 21 Oct 2010, 19:48

From what it is written soldier Deluzio Giuseppe
belonged to 597th company of Fiat Machine guns

Since he was in Edinburgh between 1916 and 1918
it might been a POW during WW1

Deluzio last name is from Puglia or Abruzzi area

Have you got any documents about your ggmother ship manifest?
bye Riccardo

sammyrobb

Postby sammyrobb » 21 Oct 2010, 20:29

Thank you so much for your message Riccardo.

My ggmother's mother died when she was very young, we're not sure if her father also died or couldn't look after the children so she was taken into the care or friends/relatives and after traveling through Europe she settled in Scotland.

She had at least 1 sister, Dominica (although we think there is another sister, possibly Clementina) and a brother Guiseppe. He found her in 1916 and we have a work certificate for him during the period he was in Scotland.

We believe she was born in Marseille (currently have someone looking through the records there) between 1885-1887. However,despite the fact she could speak 4 lanuages, she couldn't read or write. She had a stone errected in Edinburgh for her mother and father, Maria & Guiseppe Diluzio interred at Terrazini. I though it may be Terrasini butI have checked the bita church records around this time and there is no Diluzio or other near spelling. (the name appears differently on her marriage certificate & Death cert) I am looking at the possiblity it may be a hamlet in Rho with a similar name or the town Terracina. I was hoping that by finding her brother Guiseppies miliary record it may have the town her parents were from.

Any help you could offer me would be most grately appreciated.
Best wishes
Samantha

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 22 Oct 2010, 05:40

scan me the complete papers you have about your ggmother and his brother - ricbru@gmail.com (no spaces)
bye Riccardo

Return to “Italian Genealogy”