Family Research Centers

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ericderrico
Rookie
Rookie

Family Research Centers

Postby ericderrico » 23 Oct 2010, 11:39

Hey everyone,

Just had a quick question regarding the family research centers around the world. The nearest one to me is about 3 hours away and I need to look up several microfilms regarding my GGF. It would involve getting the birth records for Rodi Garganico, Carpino, and Foggia for 1889 and 1891. Problem is, from what I gather, you have to go to the research center, order the films, and them wait until they arrive and go back. They don't have a phone or email at the center, so I basically would have to go down, waste a day, then come back later when the documents arrive.

Am I understanding this correctly? Just wanted to make sure before I have to make any unnecessary trips.
Researching surnames: D'Errico, Bellotti (and other spellings), D'Avolio, Calvano, Marano

Squigy
Master
Master

Re: Family Research Centers

Postby Squigy » 23 Oct 2010, 11:44

ericderrico wrote:Hey everyone,

Just had a quick question regarding the family research centers around the world. The nearest one to me is about 3 hours away and I need to look up several microfilms regarding my GGF. It would involve getting the birth records for Rodi Garganico, Carpino, and Foggia for 1889 and 1891. Problem is, from what I gather, you have to go to the research center, order the films, and them wait until they arrive and go back. They don't have a phone or email at the center, so I basically would have to go down, waste a day, then come back later when the documents arrive.

Am I understanding this correctly? Just wanted to make sure before I have to make any unnecessary trips.

Yes, unfortunately. You also need to pay the $5.00 fee while you're down there, which can't be done over the phone (even if they had one).
My Italian surnames:

Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone

Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile

Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito

maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Family Research Centers

Postby maestra36 » 23 Oct 2010, 12:05

Here are links about ordering microfilms. Since you live in Ireland, you should be able to order and pay for microfilms over the internet. See the links below:

https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Orderi ... ory_Center

Currently, films can not be ordered on-line in the United States. Domestic orders still have to be processed via your favourite Family History Centre.

If you live in the British Isles, Australia, New Zealand or Canada you should use the following website:

https://film.familysearch.org/

Return to “Italian Genealogy”