Laraio family question

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bkworm10
Veteran
Veteran

Laraio family question

Postby bkworm10 » 25 Oct 2010, 15:43

Since I received very good turnaround with my letter to Accettura Italy, I am going to request Giuseppe's brother Rocco, who also came to America. I have his exact birthdate as well. But I was wondering if there was anyway I could request a family record. Francesco and Maria Filippo Laraio/Laraia had 3 children that I know of. Giuseppe my g-grandfather b. 1873, Rocco b. 1883 and 1 female that stayed in Italy. There is a big range between Giuseppe and Rocco, so I'm wondering if they had many more children that we don't know about. Or am I better off just ordering the microfilm and looking through the different years to see if they had other children and also perhaps their marriage record?

Thanks, Annette

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Laraio family question

Postby Tessa78 » 25 Oct 2010, 18:58

Hi Annette :-)

There is some personal enjoyment and satisfaction (and yes, frustration) to be had when looking through the old records. The "eureka" moments are hard to describe! :-)

My suggestion, rent the films and enjoy the journey!

T.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”