Rundo Family - from Alcara Li Fusi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
trundo
Rookie
Rookie

Rundo Family - from Alcara Li Fusi

Postby trundo » 25 Oct 2010, 20:03

I am researching my Italian ancestors from Alcara Li Fusi.

Calogero Rundo was born 8/1/1878.
Father was Vincenzo Rundo
Mother was Anna Sattulo

Calogero Rundo married Grazia Polizzi on 5/28/1903.
Calogero migrated to the USA in 1904 and died in 1948 - Cleveland, Ohio USA.
Grazia Polizzi migrated to the USA in 1905 and died in 1906 - Cleveland, Ohio USA..
Parents name for Grazia Polizzi is still unknown.

What I am looking for is info on Vincenzo Rundo and Anna Sattulo. I am guessing that they were born and died in Alcara Li Fusi.

Has anyone been to Alcara Li Fusi? Any cemetery or cemeteries in Alcara Li Fusi? Does anyone have any tombstone photo's or can get a photo of my ancestor's tombstone(s)? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Rundo Family - from Alcara Li Fusi

Postby ricbru » 26 Oct 2010, 19:25

Dear Tom,
I suggest you to check with Alcara Li Fusi civil record office, in order to get the copy from real marriage record of Vincenzo Rundo and Anna Sattullo, maybe check between 1868 and 1878.
On Calogero Rundo birth record there should be stated the age of his father at time of baby birth declaration

Write only in italian to

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via della Rinascita, 16
CAP 98070
Alcara Li Fusi (Messina)
Italy

or you can check with Alcara Li Fusi civil record microfilm, ath mormon church, FHL

Nati 1905-1910 Pubblicazioni 1871-1910 Matrimoni 1870-1910 Morti 1871-1910 FHL INTL Film

I hope it helps
bye Riccardo

trundo
Rookie
Rookie

Postby trundo » 26 Oct 2010, 20:04

Hi Riccardo,

I was able to get some success with an email to the mayor's office of Alcara Li Fusi (sindaco@comune.alcaralifusi.me.it Dr. Giuseppe Spinello). I am awaiting on a followup email with additional information I requested.

I had requested a complete/full Certificate of Family Status of Calogero Rundo (and if one was unavailable then a possible complete/full birth certif and/or death certif and/or marriage certif. I attached the record that they sent to me in an email.

My followup email was a more detail request for the same info but for Vincenzo Rundo and Anna Satullo and Grazia Polizzi (Calogero Rundo's wife).

The best thing so far out of this record was the confirmation that Calogero Rundo married Grazia Polizzi on 5/28/1903. Now I am hoping to get some more info about Calogero Rundo's parents and his wife.

I already ordered the Alcara Li Fusi films and I am hoping they will be in this weekend.

Any idea's on cemeteries in Alcara Li Fusi?
How to go about getting a photo of the tombstone of my ancestors in Alcara Li Fusi?

Thanks,

Tom

trundo
Rookie
Rookie

Postby trundo » 27 Jan 2011, 04:08

I am trying to locate a street address in Alcara Li Fusi. The street address is 18 VIA CARCERI, Alcara Li Fusi.

Can anyone help me find a map with this street? I have tried google maps with no luck.

The street name has been confirmed twice on documentation from Alcara Li Fusi.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Tom

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 27 Jan 2011, 07:28

Maybe there is not more Via Carceri because the name of the street changed after so many years
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo

trundo
Rookie
Rookie

Postby trundo » 27 Jan 2011, 15:24

Hi Riccardo,

Is there anyway to find out what Via Carceri name changed too in Alcara Li Fusi?

Thanks,

Tom

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 27 Jan 2011, 16:23

Someone should call and speak italian with Alcara Li Fusi municipality office (or send an email in italian), where one of its office is Ufficio Toponomastica, there they know the new name of Via Carceri.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo

Return to “Italian Genealogy”