Celestino & Violanda (Niro) Benacquista

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
misstricialynn

Celestino & Violanda (Niro) Benacquista

Postby misstricialynn » 02 Nov 2010, 17:36

Violanda Niro married Celestino Benacquista in Apr 1928; They immigrated to the US in May & Aug 1928.

Violanda (my great-grandmother) b: 1909 in Casalvieri / d: 1979 in Schenectady, NY; parents: Francesco and Agnese (Monaco) Niro; Siblings: 2 brothers (Giovanni and Virginio); Immigrated in Aug 1928.

Celestino Benacquista (my great-grandfather) b: 1902 in Fontechiari / d: 1970 in Schenectady, NY; parents: Angelo? and Antonia? (maiden name unknown) Benacquista; Siblings: unknown; Immigrated in Mar 1921 and again in May 1928.

Any information that can be provided about Celestino's and Violanda's lives prior to their immigration and information on their family members would be most appreciated. Thank you!

misstricialynn

Re: Celestino & Violanda (Niro) Benacquista

Postby misstricialynn » 02 Nov 2010, 17:41

BTW, I have a copy of Celestino's and Violanda's Passports, but I am not able to make out all the information. I would like to find the records of him leaving the US to return to Italy in order to marry Violanda.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”