Di Salvo family and Guarino family in Alia, Italy 1885?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Familyman500

Di Salvo family and Guarino family in Alia, Italy 1885?

Postby Familyman500 » 02 Nov 2010, 22:32

Hi,
I am working on my wife's family genealogy tree. If anyone has any knowledge of her family please share it with me - as I would sincerely appreciate the feedback.

The individuals that I have searched for are listed below. I will be indebted to anyone who can help. Thank you!

Nicola Di Salvo, born January 20, 1885 in Alia, Palermo, Sicilia, Italy.
His wife is Mary Grace Guarino - they were married in the United States.
Nicola came to the USA in 1898 at the age of 13. Prior to leaving Alia, Italy, he apparently spent some time in the hospital due to possible injuries/abuse by his Step-Mother?

Nicola Di Salvo's father was Nicola Di Salvo. The father was born in 1830?
I do not know the name of his wife or mother to Nicola.

Mary Grace Guarino's father was Angelo Guarino , born around 1855.
Her mothers name was Mary. I do not know her last name. She was born in 1856.

Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Di Salvo family and Guarino family in Alia, Italy 1885?

Postby Biff83 » 03 Nov 2010, 00:47

Check this other thread out on the Guarino family from Alia.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... arino.html

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

Biff83
Master
Master

Postby Biff83 » 03 Nov 2010, 01:06

From Family Search Beta site. Possibly Nicola's father?
https://beta.familysearch.org/

Louisiana Deaths, 1850-1875; 1894-1954 for Nicola De Salvo
Name Nicola De Salvo
Death Date 02 Nov 1939
Death Place Harvey, Jefferson, Louisiana
Gender Male
Race (original) White
Race (standardized) White
Age 81
Estimated Birth Year 1858
Birth Place Alia, Italy
Marital Status Married
Spouse's Name Rosalie Drago
Father's Name Nick De Salvo
Mother's Name
Film number 2358537
Image Number 01342
Certificate Number 14381
Digital Folder Number 4216107

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

Familyman500

Postby Familyman500 » 04 Nov 2010, 05:30

Biff,
I must say thank you for the links to the other thread. As it turns out, my wife and Patti are cousins. My wife's great grandmother is Mary Grace Guarino who is the daughter of Angelo and Maria Guarino. I too had information that tied into what was shown on the thread. Certainly, I missed out on all the fun you had with that thread.

It seems to be a small world... I have known (for the last two weeks) that Patti was going up to the bay area of California to meet with long lost relatives. I had planned to be there (along with the other cousins) to meet her.

The information that you and the others gathered for her was incredible and I know she is very thankful. I am sorry that it took so long to get back to you... it took me a while to read the lengthy thread. Patti and I have not yet spoken but, I just sent her an email telling her who I am. Hopefuly she will respond soon.

As far as the De Salvo family - I have been searching the Civil Registration records for the are of Alia, Itlay. It appears that both the De Salvo and Guarino families came from the same area. What makes it tough is that there were millions of Italians who came over to the USA at the same time. It's almost like looking for a needle in a hay stack... lol
Any help you or others can give on that is most appreciated.

Again I must say that your ability to help others is remarkable. Please keep up the great work you do - we all (in our own ways) need to give support to each other! Thanks Ron

Return to “Italian Genealogy”